Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versamax vs Versamax Synthetic

EaZeNuTZ33

I see that there are two models and the prices I'm finding are from around $800 for the Versamax and $1099 for the Versamax synthetic. I have a one piece RCI XRail 10rd tube I picked up from a prize table and would intend to add extended chokes to the 26" barrel to hopefully come to a length even to the mag tube like my 26" M2.

Am I missing something, or are the 5 factory chokes and shims to adjust the stock the reasoning for the added $250-300???

Right now I intend to add extended chokes, a bolt release button, HiViz TriComp sight, the XRail tube, and some work on the loading port.

If I end up not liking the shotgun as well as my M2, it should make a good backup shotgun.

Am I missing something, or are the 5 factory chokes and shims to adjust the stock the reasoning for the added $250-300???

Nope, not IMHO.

There's an old thread somewhere here about the Sportsman as a base for a 3-gun build.

Factory extended chokes are cheap at $16 @

But a man of your stature need not be troubled by few $$$$$. :roflol:

See ya this weekend. :bow:

Just remember.....people who have money don't waste money for frivolous things that are unneeded! ;-)

If they are identical with the exception of choke tubes and shim for the stock, there's no reason for me to waste $300 to have a grey color on the handguard that I would likely stipple thru anyways.

The sythetic has the recoil reducing stock with a very nice recoil pad, shims, 5 chokes. The Sportsman has a standard sythetic stock and forearm, no shims, and only comes with the modified choke. I think the standard stock on the Sportsman is a bit flimsy. You can compare the two different stocks to the old M1 stock and newer M2 Comfortech stock. A world of difference.

I just picked up my versamax synthetic. It ended up cheaper then the sportsman with all the rebates and deals. The differences are the 4 extra chokes, length of pull and stock drop and cast adjustment. The high viz front sight. Rubber over mold stock and forend and hard case.