Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY Loading port work and welded lifter

hysupra

Step 2 is going to be scalloping the edge of the trigger guard housing to get shells to flow in smoother from the back side. I can already feel the rims hitting the metal and the marks on the metal show it since it sits so proud above the lane of the loading port in the profile shot.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 2 is going to be scalloping the edge of the trigger guard housing to get shells to flow in smoother from the back side. I can already feel the rims hitting the metal and the marks on the metal show it since it sits so proud above the lane of the loading port in the profile shot.

Good job man on your loading port man.... diggin your avatar!! :)

Good job man on your loading port man.... diggin your avatar!! :)

Thanks! My lady is a graphic artist so she whipped that up from a range shot. People bust my chops for tucking my head in too much so it seemed fitting. All in god fun. :roflol:

I've done 2 930s using this method and they work great, used files on the first one and a worksharp belt knife sharpener on the second. The knife sharpener does the job much faster with a nice smooth radius but you have to be careful because it cuts fast. Start with 220 then extra fine. Go slow and you'll have great results.