CM13-05 Tick Tock

sperman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one is one the list for a classifier match at my local club next Sunday. I am unclassified and would really like to start in C class in Production. I've shot three matches so I've got my feet a little wet and I'm not coming in completely blind.

Looks like this is a blazer classifier. I have done one table start but any tips on the start would be appreciated. I'm righthanded and figure on starting with the ejection port facing up but I'm not real sure where to stage the initial mag.

These classifers come from the nationals, some of the 13 series were shot in 2012 and some in 2013.

If you find the stage in the nationals results you can see what the high hit factor was right there.

The stage winner is the 100% score, at least until enough people better it.

It seems to me like the HHF is lower on the 13 series for some reason, maybe the guys were shooting it more carefully because it was at the nats and they didnt want to go all out and risk crashing?

I am almost to M in Single stack, I just shot this stage yesterday, 72 points in 8.47 seconds, should be about 93% and change.

High hit factor for the Limited nats was about 9.1, usually the lim 10 and single stack HHF is about the same.

These classifers come from the nationals, some of the 13 series were shot in 2012 and some in 2013.

If you find the stage in the nationals results you can see what the high hit factor was right there.

It seems to me like the HHF is lower on the 13 series for some reason, maybe the guys were shooting it more carefully because it was at the nats and they didnt want to go all out and risk crashing?

I am almost to M in Single stack, I just shot this stage yesterday, 72 points in 8.47 seconds, should be about 93% and change.

High hit factor for the Limited nats was about 9.1, usually the lim 10 and single stack HHF is about the same.

Nope.

This classifier, and a couple other 13 series have already been adjusted (at least for limited). See my post above. When I shot it a couple months ago, my math from nats HHF, put me in the lower 90-93%ish range .... when it posted, It was in the low 80s.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever know why, how, or when the new HHFs were established. cool huh?

Edited by Ssanders224

Nope.

This classifier, and a couple other 13 series have already been adjusted (at least for limited). See my post above. When I shot it a couple months ago, my math from nats HHF, put me in the lower 90-93%ish range .... when it posted, It was in the low 80s.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever know why, how, or when the new HHFs were established. cool huh?

Well when I shot the classifer Roscoe Rattle in November, Open division my classification percentage came back exactly what it was compared to the HHF from the 2012 Open nats results. I believe this is where they start, but as they get shot obviously the HHF will change, and everybody is shooting the hell out of the new 13 series, so look for constant adjustments on these.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ummmm, I'm a little concerned about this one too. I consider myself a pretty decent "run-n-gunner" but I don't think that my fundamentals are all that sound. That said, I shot this one on 4/12/14 with a HF around 10.55 in Limited. I think I MAY have outshot my true ability.

Anyone know how that would stack up? I use Cmcalc and this one isn't in that program yet.

Ummmm, I'm a little concerned about this one too. I consider myself a pretty decent "run-n-gunner" but I don't think that my fundamentals are all that sound. That said, I shot this one on 4/12/14 with a HF around 10.55 in Limited. I think I MAY have outshot my true ability.

Anyone know how that would stack up? I use Cmcalc and this one isn't in that program yet.

Looks like GM to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shot this on Sunday in L10. 74 points in 8.48 seconds. Should be good for 80.4966%. Bobbled the reload a little which cost at least half a second. Depressing cause the rest of the run felt smooth. The HHF must be super high on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shot this classifier today (7/26) and even though I was shooting my 627 I decided to shoot it like I would have shot it with my 625 because I didn't what to "grandbag" it because of the new rule change. Well it turns out that was the wrong thing to do. I learned a few minuets ago after looking at another shooters score of 89.37% with an HF of 7.1496 that the new HHF for this classifier in revolver division is 8.0. so learn from my mistake and I would assume all of the 13 series classifiers are updated for the 8 shot minor change.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Mod note: Threads merged here:

I will be shooting my first classifier and would like to hear from you guys what will be the best sequence to shoot this one. I'm thinking, T4 => clockwise. Thanks

10846131_929013893798561_181508033432328

Edited by Flexmoney

We shot this a few months ago and there was some debate, so it may depend on your personal preferences.

IMHO, it takes me longer to find the sights when moving down, so I try to avoid that. Also you've got 3 pretty open targets, and one tighter shot (t2). to me, it's easier and faster to make the hardest shot last. I have less trouble slowing down and hardening up my sight picture than I do speeding up after a difficult shot.

I started on T1 and went counter clockwise. It doesn't make much difference to me going right-left or left-right, but I think I pick up the target a smidgen more quickly and accurately when going to my left, so all else being equal, I'd prefer to come into t2 from the right. OTOH, it's definitely easier for me to transition down and to my left than down and to my right.

Set it up in dry-fire and see what you think.

Oh, probably much more important than what order you shoot the targets in is how well you execute the unloaded table start and reload from the table. Most of us were pretty slow on that, due to not practicing those things. I found that in one session of 10 mins or so I was able to cut nearly a second of the time to the first shot. That's a lot of time. Which reminds me, it's probably time for me to work on table/unloaded starts this afternoon. It's been a couple weeks.

Edited by motosapiens

Here is thread with more info about this classifier:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184357

Personally, I'd start at T3 and go clockwise, but then again I usually do things backwards.

Probably more important as Motosapiens said is that the load and reload has to be executed crisply (e.g. nailed), and no hitting the white.

Edited by Bamboo

I'm probably the opposite of Moto, it is harder for me to slow down.

I would shoot T2, T1, T4, then T3.

It would be fun to try it different ways. You may surprise yourself with how well you may be able to shoot it a different way than you imagined.

I'm probably the opposite of Moto, it is harder for me to slow down.

I think it's VERY important to know that kind of stuff about yourself. I only just figured it out recently, shooting another classifier with zebra partials at 6,8,10 and 12 yards. I was always faster and more accurate starting on the 6 yard target and working out. Probably means I need to work more on acquiring difficult targets quickly off the draw, so I've been doing alot of that the last month or so.