CM13-04

RammerJammer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder when classifiercalc will have the 13 series up

Yesterday Single Stack 86 Pts, 9.07 Time, 9.4818 HF

81.3850 is what I think your percentage will be for Single Stack. Do me a favor and let me know how close I am after the classifier update runs this month.

You were really close. 81.3853. Now tell us about this magic spreadsheet you have.

You were really close. 81.3853. Now tell us about this magic spreadsheet you have.

That was close wasn't it :). Looks like USPSA has been mucking with HHF's again because my single stack classification dropped this month for some reason :(. It takes a little leg work to determine your percentage. I was able to calculate yours because I had shot the same classifier in January and know my hit factor and the percentage I was awarded. Once I know my information it's easy to calculate it for others. This will work for all divisions but you have to know the hit factor and percentage awarded for that division in advance. I'll start by showing how to calculate the HHF and then how to calculate your percentage.

When I shot the stage my HF was 2.0393 (reload on second string killed me). My percentage for that HF was calculated as 17.5039. Once you know that information you can calculate the HHF using the following formula: 100/Percentage * Hit factor = HHF.

100/17.5039 = 5.7130

5.7130 * 2.0393 = 11.6505

So 11.6505 is the HHF for this classifier for single stack.

To calculate your percentage just divide your HF by the HHF and then multiply by 100 as follows: (9.4818 / 11.6505) * 100 = 81.3853

Sounds complicated but once you plug it into Excel it's easy to let it do the math :).

Hope this all makes sense :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw that this classifier was just posted in my scores and based on my results figure the HHF being used for open is 12.393.

Saw Gunocologist shoot this and as Paul said he definitely put the rattle in Roscoe's Rattle as he smoked it with a 13.435 HF. No doubt there are going to be some high hit factors on this, and being a Virginia Count stage it is very unforgiving of dropped points or >>gasp<< hitting a no-shoot. Unfortunately I put the first round out of the holster into the left side no-shoot (about 1 bullet diameter from the perforation) which I saw and the whole time shooting this I was debating if it was worth it to take the extra shot and associated penalty but finally decided the no-shoot put me so deep in the hole there was no recovery.

For grins I did the math to compare what I did vs. what might have been if I didn't tag the no-shoot:

Actual: (7.808 HF, 63%)
7.94 Seconds
A's 14
B's 1
C's 2
M 1
NS 1

Might have been: (10.957 HF, 88.4%)
7.94 Seconds
A's 15
B's 1
C's 2
M 0
NS 0

Moral of the story: Don't hit the No-Shoots.

In any case it is a fun stage, but next time I'm using my sights. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bamboo

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this yesterday for the first classifier of the year. I put up a 5.4274 hit factor. Can't remember my hits, but I scored 80 points in 14.74 seconds. I think that's in the C range. Still can't believe that time, but it is what it is. I need to work on efficiency with my reloads across the board. And work on acquiring sights better. I was happy that I didn't hit a NS or have a mike though. I'll take if for my first classifier and it was the first stage of the day for me. Motivation to improve.

Shot this one today and while I am not even close to some of you guys I was very happy. Got a HF of 5.37 shooting Single Stack Minor. I'm a D in production and C in Limited10, so I was quite pleased with this.

• 2 weeks later...

10.7XX HF in Limited on this one last weekend. Should be 90%+. I shot it pretty darn slow and was focusing on points. his one will have a crazy HHF after some time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot this classifier last night in Limited. 84 points in 6.87 seconds = 12.2271 Hit Factor. That should be well over 100% for this classifier. This is a fun classifier to shoot, especially when a bunch of brass is still in the air when you are done engaging a target :devil:

Edited by CHA-LEE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This was the first classifier I had ever shot in USPSA. It was also the first stage I had ever shot competitively too.

Non-coincidentally, this is the lowest score I have, HF of 4.1975, roughly 39.9% on classifiercalc.

Only a matter of time before my future scores drop this one.