Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PRODUCTION

83.80%

4.4643 Hit factor

50.2793 Stage points

11.20 sec.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=10102&division=Production&stage=2&guntype=Pistol

this was my 1st uspsa match ever so i shot very slow to be accurate i still dont understand the scoring.

. I ran out of ammo/mags and couldnt finish last stage, i didnt have anyone tell me 3mags wasnt enough. I was very embarrased since i felt i was doing okay for my 1st time.

Can anyone tell me what my 83.80% means and how bad i did. I know you have to be around 90-100% to be top tier but what would i be classified as roughly "D" or "C"?

Thank you in advance

You can PM or post reply

The R.O. Told me my hands needed to be near my ears when i thought the wrists just needed to be visible above shoulders. So to appease him i put my hands on my head :)

Here is video of me 1st time ever in USPSA shooting the classifier so be easy on me i know im slow;(

Edited by Kimbertarget

I shot this yesterday at Volusia I got 56 points in 6.91 seconds I am a very low B class open shooter. An open A class guy shot it in 6.74 with 56 points and an open M shot it in 6.10 with 56 points

I competed there the same day as well, what squad were you on?

Can anyone tell me what my 83.80% means and how bad i did. I know you have to be around 90-100% to be top tier but what would i be classified as roughly "D" or "C"?

I'll try to explain your score. Hit Factor (HF) is calculated by taking the number of points received divided by your time. On this stage you scored 50 points and your time was 11.20. So 50/11.20 = 4.4643 (scores always go to 4 decimal places). Ken won the stage because he had a higher hit factor than you did. Your percentage of 83.80 means your HF was 83.80% of the stage winning HF. 4.643/5.3274/ * 100 = 83.80 when rounded off to two decimal places.

Stated another way: You did extremely well! :)

EDIT: I had the numbers reversed for calculating the percentage. I fixed that.

Edited by ZackJones

PRODUCTION

83.80%

4.4643 Hit factor

50.2793 Stage points

11.20 sec.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=10102&division=Production&stage=2&guntype=Pistol

this was my 1st uspsa match ever so i shot very slow to be accurate i still dont understand the scoring.

. I ran out of ammo/mags and couldnt finish last stage, i didnt have anyone tell me 3mags wasnt enough. I was very embarrased since i felt i was doing okay for my 1st time.

Thank you in advance

Nice job for the first time out.

Zack explained how the scoring works for you.

Your % looks like about 47% nationally right in the heart of C class. That is a good start.

Edited by Bosshoss

PRODUCTION

83.80%

4.4643 Hit factor

50.2793 Stage points

11.20 sec.http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=10102&division=Production&stage=2&guntype=Pistol

Thank you in advance

Your % looks like about 47% nationally right in the heart of C class. That is a good start.

Thank you for explanation C is good? Thats almost the lowest "d" :)

It was alot different than Steel Challenge thats for sure.

Edited by Kimbertarget

PRODUCTION

83.80%

4.4643 Hit factor

50.2793 Stage points

11.20 sec.http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=10102&division=Production&stage=2&guntype=Pistol

Thank you in advance

Thank you for explanation C is good? Thats almost the lowest "d" :)

It was alot different than Steel Challenge thats for sure.

C class is the biggest class in every division. Starting in the middle of C class is better than most shooters start at IMO.

Here is a breakdown of classes by division.

http://www.uspsa.info/cgi-bin/db_class_summary.cgi

Oh, i used to race motocross and C-class was usually B-class sandbaggers and A-class were guys who were as good as pros just not yet sponsored.

Im going to actuallystart practicing and get a better holster than my cheap factory glock holster that is too close to my body to draw comfortably. I think having a better holster will help since that is my main challenge is a consistant draw stroke/miscle memory.

Thanks for the info on C-class

• 2 weeks later...
What is "U" unclassified?

-----

I finally ran in steel challenge with my 1911 custom..it was fun but my GLOCK is so much easier. I hate to admit that because my 1911 is so sweet..i think i may finally sell my 1911 and just run my glocks.

0378218ddbf6e7e3fd291075e8b8dda5.jpg

Edited by Kimbertarget

• 2 weeks later...

Just shot this one on Jan 4th. My first classifier with Production. Got HF 7.48.

I was trying to figure where that put me. Based on what people are saying here that looks like 80% ish. Is that right?

Gabe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...