Grand Power K100 and P1 product advisory

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im curious if new barrels will have no serial number on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340415_4576960256386_752547173_o.jpg

Besides the countries that require a serial number on the barrel, here is one reason Grand Powers come with one.

Every gun after primary assembly goes for a ride on Pokeroo here to lap the barrel, slide, and frame insert together.

It's nice to make sure they wind up back together if they were to be separated for any reason.

The lack of a serial number with a replacement barrel isn't a big deal. None of the replacement barrels (120mm or 127mm) that GP sell come with one.

Nope. Despite the post that GP has provided barrels for Century, I was told they could not give me a turn around time estimate as CIA was trying to source parts. Seems someone is acting like a politician....

Nope. Despite the post that GP has provided barrels for Century, I was told they could not give me a turn around time estimate as CIA was trying to source parts. Seems someone is acting like a politician....

I guess it who u get. i called for my tag and the lady told me that the turn around was 2 weeks. never said anything about the lack of barrels

I'm assuming that comment is directed at me.

I have broad shoulders.

Feel encouraged to call them again and ask for their manager.

Edited by Canuck223

When I called to check the status on my pistol with Century I was told they had no idea when they would be able to get it back to me as they had run out of barrels as well. I asked the customer service representative where she got this information from, and she said she heard one of her coworkers say something about it. I then asked to speak to a manager since she was unable to tell me the source of this information or its origin other then it was something she overheard. I was then placed on hold for 5 minutes only to have someone pick up the line and say I will have my pistol back in 2 weeks without any further explanation. This seems to be S.O.P. for any of my dealings with Century.

I have broad shoulders.

LOL! Nah Canuck. You have been nothing but helpful with the attempts to get GP's in peoples hands and working well. I am afraid I am skeptical of Century. REALLY hoping we can get the Excaliber version here whoever brings them it!

Addict

I have broad shoulders.

LOL! Nah Canuck. You have been nothing but helpful with the attempts to get GP's in peoples hands and working well. I am afraid I am skeptical of Century. REALLY hoping we can get the Excaliber version here whoever brings them it!

Addict

It's approved for import. Wish I could be bringing samples with me to SHOT, but until we get our own booth, the organizers don't seem to encourage the travelling road show. Let's just say my tablet will be getting a workout.

We also have two more models on the drawing board that might perk the interests of the American buyers. Details when I can share...

I have broad shoulders.

Addict

It's approved for import. Wish I could be bringing samples with me to SHOT, but until we get our own booth, the organizers don't seem to encourage the travelling road show. Let's just say my tablet will be getting a workout.

We also have two more models on the drawing board that might perk the interests of the American buyers. Details when I can share...

have them make a 1911!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Let me start this by saying I would buy another Grand Power firearm without any thought or hesitation, unless Century Arms has anything to do with the firearms. I find it almost impossible to fathom that we get more information and help from the Canadian representative(thanks BTW Dave), and parts support and help from the manufacture halfway around the world and speaking a different language then the US importer.
I called Century Arms on Thurs.12/5 to check on the status of my gun, and was told it was completed and would be shipped on Friday 12/6. I asked if they could please e-mail me a tracking number when the gun was shipped, the young lady said no problem. I checked my e-mail Friday afternoon, no e-mail, I called and caught them before closing and got the yes it will be shipped today and we will e-mail you the tracking number this afternoon. Still did not have an e-mail by Monday morning called to follow up, and could not get anyone to answer the phone in the Virginia Century location where the pistol was returned to. I called the Florida Century location and got their customer service representative, and was told they did not show it shipped, and would contact the Virginia location and would contact me back. Waited until 3pm EST still had not received a call back, and called again they still had no information other then it should be shipped this week, but they could not tell me when it would be shipped this week. I had asked to have a manager call me back, and I am still waiting. Their level of customer service cannot even be measured on any conventional scale. I constantly hear the Tanfoglio guys complaining at every interaction with EAA, but even Century makes them look good. I would rather shop naked at Wal-Mart on black Friday then have to deal with Century any further.

I just called and nice lady told me it will ship out tomorrow.

cool. how long has it been away?? Also curious if the new barrel will have a different point of impact

We talked about that. The Dawson tall front and rear sights shoot low. Either the front sight needs to be lowered or the rear sight raised.

I do think the combination would work with a 5" barrel, not the 4.25".

I had a production GM shooter shoot a group for me and it was indeed low (he was otherwise impressed by the K100, by the way).

cool. how long has it been away?? Also curious if the new barrel will have a different point of impact

I shipped it out on 11/13. Im not too worried about poi, im more worried if new barrel will be as accurate as original.

I really hope so e-mishka, because J&G already has the pistols they sent for the swap back on sale already. Did they give you get a tracking number as well? On the plus side I got the notice in the mail from Century yesterday saying my pistol has been recalled.

Edited by Pseudonym

Mine just arrived a few minutes ago via UPS - they never sent me any email or anything telling me it was on its way. Dumb luck that I was home from work early, which rarely happens.

I'd forgotten how good this thing feels in my hand and how smooth the trigger pull is - it's better than my tricked out CZ Shadow. I hope someday they bring the 5" model to the US.

We talked about that. The Dawson tall front and rear sights shoot low. Either the front sight needs to be lowered or the rear sight raised.

I do think the combination would work with a 5" barrel, not the 4.25".

I had a production GM shooter shoot a group for me and it was indeed low (he was otherwise impressed by the K100, by the way).

i know, but i can always hope. :D:)

The GP is an interesting gun when it comes to where the sights hit relative to the bore. I put a laser bore sighter in all my pistols and the laser was all in the sight or right on top. i usually do this to center sights when installing new ones. Now the GP was way high relative to the bore. i can't figure out why. as this is my only rotating barrel gun, this must be a side effect of the system.

Edited by Sandbagger123

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine back on 24th and test fired it same day. Seems that it shoots about 2" high @25y w same load. Ill get taller front sight from dawsons.

On another note, as i was swapping triggers i launched trigger return spring into abyss and cant find it now. Will call century tomorrow to see if they have spares,if not then im screwed

Got mine back on 24th and test fired it same day. Seems that it shoots about 2" high @25y w same load. Ill get taller front sight from dawsons.

On another note, as i was swapping triggers i launched trigger return spring into abyss and cant find it now. Will call century tomorrow to see if they have spares,if not then im screwed

So did the new barrel change the impact higher??? if you have a strong magnet, you might be able to find the spring. if not, email GP and maybe they might send you one.

Supposedly mine should be back next week