Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power K100 and P1 product advisory

Hey folks, if you have a late 2012 or 2013 Grand Power K100 or P1 pistol, have a look at the serial numbers.

The recall is for one specific serial number range.

K100 - 3K00001 to 3K00601
P1 - 1K00001 to 1K01001

If your P1 or K100 has a serial number outside this range, don't worry, it doesn't apply to you.
If you have a gun in this range, please stop using it until you contact Century Arms.

It's been determined that some of the barrels in this serial number range may exhibit an inconsistent metallurgy.
If your gun is in this range, please stop using it.

If you purchased the firearm new from a FFL, Century Arms has likely already sent you the recall information.

For anyone that has a gun in this serial number range, contact Century Arms at (800) 527-1252 or e-mail at vctserv@centuryarms.com
You will get a prepaid label for shipment of your pistol back to Century. It will be returned at no cost to you with a new barrel.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a K100 1k-003xx.

I guess that means no new barrel for me :(

Doesn't CZ machine the barrels for GP?

Grand Power has always machined their own barrels, but they purchased those blanks from an outside vendor.

Are you sure the serial # are not transposed?? Mine is dated 9/12 according to the label on the box, and is serial # 1k0007x.

If your gun is a P1, than you should call Century. If it's a K100, you're good to go.

Are you sure the serial # are not transposed?? Mine is dated 9/12 according to the label on the box, and is serial # 1k0007x.

OK, I may have spoken too soon.

I got copied on the original .pdf, and there is a chance those number ranges were reversed. I will confirm.

I love my Grand Power and am extremely disappointed by this. I was about to buy a P1 this weekend. Not anymore.

I understand the disappointment. Once Century has the re-barreled guns back to the customers and on the shelves, hopefully the disappointment will fade.

I was shooting one of these guns today, it still ran fine, very fine, shoots better than I can.

I have a feeling they are overly cautious but I will send it anyway.

I did keep my GP6 Mk6 for a reason.

It's better to replace them all than risk missing one.

I added stippling to my k100, is going to void barrel replacement?

Customer service lady advised me to remove any after market parts that were added (including sights, extended magazine release, etc.)

Turn around from the time they receive it is 3 weeks, we'll see if that's true.

Century told me to call this # 800-270-2767, then option 2, then option 1

I added stippling to my k100, is going to void barrel replacement?

Customer service lady advised me to remove any after market parts that were added (including sights, extended magazine release, etc.)

Turn around from the time they receive it is 3 weeks, we'll see if that's true.

Century told me to call this # 800-270-2767, then option 2, then option 1

No.

i wonder if the impetus for this recall was the pix of the GP with the blown barrel that was posted a couple of months ago.

When and how? Was it posted here?

it was posted on youtube and on the net somewhere,but i cant find it anymore. it was basically a GPk100 with the barrel forward of the the chamber bulged . took out the frame also. There was also some derogatary remarks about GP and their service.

there was some debate on how it happened. Some speculated it was a squib that was pushed forward buy the next bullet. Some think it might have been an over loaded round.

Found it

http://pistolsmith.com/gun-talk/24939-k100-grand-power-barrel-failure.html

Edited by Sandbagger123

i wonder if the impetus for this recall was the pix of the GP with the blown barrel that was posted a couple of months ago.

When and how? Was it posted here?

it was posted on youtube and on the net somewhere,but i cant find it anymore. it was basically a GPk100 with the barrel forward of the the chamber bulged . took out the frame also. There was also some derogatary remarks about GP and their service.

there was some debate on how it happened. Some speculated it was a squib that was pushed forward buy the next bullet. Some think it might have been an over loaded round.

Found it

http://pistolsmith.com/gun-talk/24939-k100-grand-power-barrel-failure.html

The gentleman who posted the video blew his gun up using very questionable reloads.

Grand Power did offer to replace the gun, at which point he began demanding extortion level compensation.

Google "Glock kaboom".

I saw a Glock shooter this weekend at Area 2 experience a squib then decidedly pull on the trigger again to "clean the squib out". He finished the stage but was chided for it by the CRO. So who knows what people did with their guns before the kaboom happened? Blaming the manufacturer for that type of incident sounds very dishonest to me.

I did have a case explosion out of battery in my GP6, it blew out the safety levers and the gun survived. I even won my class IDPA State championship with it.

It was when I was starting reloading and my OAL was ridiculously small (I then disassembled all of these rounds, the 80 some of them I had left). I blame myself for what happened, not the gun.

Edited by NicVerAZ