Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Dot solution for .22

Sarge

Whatever you do, don't buy a Primary Arms microdot! :roflol:

I'm sure that sight will do you a fine job. And, as long as you can find ammo me thinks you will shoot the 15-22 way more than you think. It is the best 22 rim fire I have ever owned, and such a joy to shoot.

You should also look at the Bushnell TRS25 micro red dot. I have it on my JR carbine 45 ACP and it works great. Also lots of good reviews on the net and for $85 and free shipping from Midway, a good price to boot.

The $30 Tascos, and BSA's also work very well for 22 cal guns. I have them on my 22 rifle and Ruger pistol and have not had any problems.

Edited by toddrod

Ugh...

I have issues making decisions about stuff like this. I'll probably only shoot the gun 3-4 times a year but don't want to buy something that won't turn on after using it once.

I ordered a Primary Arms microdot with a riser that came on black Friday special for $60.

DONE!

ha - was just about to mention the black friday sale at primary arms. i picked up a similar red dot from them earlier this year for my M&P15-22 and it's the best value i've gotten from an optic in a while. less than $100 and it's as bright as a T1. so far it's held up great. congrats and good luck.

Got the dot yesterday on my Birthday by some strange coincidence. Came with a little QD riser. It's pretty basic but the dot is good to go so far in my basement.

I'll do a little review once I take it out shooting one of these days.

walmart has a $20 red dot I put on my 10/22 takedown. 1000 rounds through it and a couple steel matches. Not a single problem. Just what a cheap sight should be.... cheap. I'm with you I don't want to spen $200 on a red dot for a $300 gun. My "real rifles" are a different story. Everything that goes on them I think of in terms of life or death and justify higher price equipment.