Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double "ouch"

Sarge

What was the call? 2NS and a Mike?

Yes. This was on a wall so a miss for sure. But if I recall they were overlapped in such a way that if they had been over a target you could have still gotten the hit. Thankfully not mine either! Just thought it was worthy of a snapshot.

Just a quick question--if that brown area in the photo had been a target, how would you say the shooter got a hit on it? From what I can see, the position of the hole would dictate "two no-shoot, mike (without a makeup shot, naturally)."

The reason I say that is because, although one of the no-shoots shows the hole thru the non-scoring border of the top no-shoot, it overlaps the other no-shoot in a position where you wouldn't give the shooter a hit if the top no-shoot weren't there. Since the bottom no-shoot is impenetrable, and the hole doesn't appear to break the perf on it, it would be a miss.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to the conversation.

Just a quick question--if that brown area in the photo had been a target, how would you say the shooter got a hit on it? From what I can see, the position of the hole would dictate "two no-shoot, mike (without a makeup shot, naturally)."

The reason I say that is because, although one of the no-shoots shows the hole thru the non-scoring border of the top no-shoot, it overlaps the other no-shoot in a position where you wouldn't give the shooter a hit if the top no-shoot weren't there. Since the bottom no-shoot is impenetrable, and the hole doesn't appear to break the perf on it, it would be a miss.

post-400-0-85292300-1383228231_thumb.jpg

As best as I can tell from the blurry photo, the hole is fully within the scoring zone of the bottom NS so Mike, 2 NS. It touched the perf of the upper NS and since the scoring zone of the bottom NS is impenetrable, Mike. Damn, -35 with one shot.

Edited by ChuckS

Like I said above, "but if I recall they were overlapped in such a way" I think I pulled the top target up to see if the bottom target hit was touching the perf. Actually don't recall now whether it did or not. BUT, IF the shot touched both perfs on the no shoots and there had been a target underneath it would have scored a hit as well.

attachicon.gifDoublePain.JPG

As best as I can tell from the blurry photo, the hole is fully within the scoring zone of the bottom NS so Mike, 2 NS. It touched the perf of the upper NS and since the scoring zone of the bottom NS is impenetrable, Mike. Damn, -35 with one shot.

-35?

attachicon.gifDoublePain.JPG

-35?

Yup. -10 for each no-shoot, -10 for the mike and then there's the 5 points (max) you didn't get for the hit.

OK, that's what I thought. Sorry I missed the bit about checking whether it was touching the perf or not, I was going mostly off of the picture.

Yeah, 35 points is a lot down, unless you made up the shot, but then you're still down 20 and have the time added for the make up shot, too.

Edited by frag316