Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Generation III Gun Black Rain Ordnance Championship 5-7 SEP 2014

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work!

Fun match, good friends!

Squad 11 rocked! It was so great seeing new shooters and old friends!

Thanks to Chad, Jeff, Sandra and the gang for all their hard work these past couple days!

Congrats to Chris Anderson (Tac-Scope) James Casanova (Limited) Josh Loganbill (Open) and JJ Johnson (my honey in Heavy Optics with He-Man Iron Gear - pump, irons and 10 rd .45)!

Janna - top Lady, Alan Porting - top Senior

and Tim Yackley - 1st Junior, Nate Staskiewizc - 2nd, Katelyn Francis - 3rd, John Hughes 4th, Sean Yackley - 5th

There were THREE 10 year olds shooting this match and it was so great to see!!!

The winners of the raffle shotguns from Freedom Group gave their guns to the Juniors who drew them!!! I forgot the names of the guys, but class acts!!

Have I mentioned that I think 3-gunners are the best???

Thanks to all the sponsors of this match. Special thanks to Brownells who kicked in a lot at the end and Sierra and Hodgdon who gave great prizes AND had to put up with me the whole match! :D

Sleep now, so we can head home!!!!

:wub: To all!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Congratulations to our Winners!!!

High Juniors

Tim Yackley

Nate Staskiewicz

Katelyn Francis

John Hughes

Sean Yackley

Tactical Optics Division

Chris Andersen

Jesse Tischauser

Nick Atkinson

David Hill

Tim Yackley

Tactical Irons Division

James Casanova

Brian Vaught

Dillen Easley

John Gronen

Chris Harpin

Open Division

Josh Loganbill

Mike Whitesides

Scott Hawkins

Joe Cuccia

Matt Loganbill

Heavy Optics Division

JJ Johnson

Andrew Barksdale

Duane Hukill

Craig Nordgren

Barry Oliver

High Lady

Janna Reeves

High LEO

Nick Atkinson

High Military

Mark Yackley

High Senior

Allen Porting

Guys and gals we need your feedback. If you saw anything no matter how small that could be improved upon please please please let me know.

JesseTischauser@yahoo.com

From stage design, scheduling, target presentation, trash removal, communication, etc, etc. We need to know about it so we can make next years match even better.

As a RO,

I say JOB WELL DONE, to the guys setting up this match.

The first match I've RO'd, that the RO's didn't have to setup/fix/change/reshoot stages.

Gives the RO's who also shoot the match, at a little less, disadvantage than the avg competitor. As evidenced by the strong showing of RO's who placed well.

Good Job guys. :)

Here's my match video from when the RO's shot the stages. We forgot to video stage 9.

Edited by toothandnail

I want to apologize for what happened at the price table last night. I'm not a big fan of putting prizes in bags because the sponsors like for everybody to see what they've donated. The way we had the table laid out the piles were way too close together and some people took it upon themselves to grab two piles instead of one. I hope everybody's okay with the free entry into next years match for the those that didn't get to walk. I'm still completely amazed that the raffle guns were given away to the junior shooters who picked the names of the winners. Class act all the way! Thanks again for all the comments both good and bad about the match it will be bigger and better next year!

I thought it was a great match! I really enjoyed the stage designs and the bigger long range targets. RO's were great. The only feedback I would offer is to even out the number of squads between the half day formats to improve the flow, our squad waited frequently for the next squad on Friday. It's also a tough call for some people to stay in town for 10 hours to walk the prize table rather than head home. We were done by noon, but I didn't leave until almost 11 since I waited to pick up prizes for some others. Maybe you could offer to ship a prize package for the cost of shipping to those who need to leave?? THANK YOU BLACK RAIN FOR THE SWEET RIFLE! I'll be back again and I'm sure it will be even better. Overall this was a very smooth match with no major problems. I'm sure any wrinkles that did occur will be ironed out next year. Great job Chad.

I thoroughly enjoyed this match. Stages were straightforward but challenging, ROs were the best, and stats staff were superb. I'll shoot it again next year. I'm sure the prize table problems will be solved for next year's match. Thanks to all who set this up, ran it, and finished it with aplomb.

J. J. Bradshaw

Team Geezer

Great match!

Great stages, fantastic staff and the weather cooperated for the most part. Thanks to all the staff and everyone who helped make this happen. I'm prettty sure I fired one of the last shots of the match Saturday and the scores were posted not long after I made it back to the hotel. Looking forward to next years match!

As a RO,

I say JOB WELL DONE, to the guys setting up this match.

The first match I've RO'd, that the RO's didn't have to setup/fix/change/reshoot stages.

Gives the RO's who also shoot the match, at a little less, disadvantage than the avg competitor. As evidenced by the strong showing of RO's who placed well.

Good Job guys. :)

Here's my match video from when the RO's shot the stages. We forgot to video stage 9.

Nice video. Good to see the whole match. Except 9.

The match was awesome. The Kraken and the slug gong on the lake were my favorite targets I've shot in 3-gun yet. Stage designs weren't overly simple, or overly complicated, but were fast and fun while being challenging. I watched multiple shooters walk past targets sitting out in the open because there was just enough to remember where you could forget something....I did this twice myself, once because I didn't pay close enough attention to the stage, and once due to losing count and not catching the target in the woods, and it hurt.

The entertainment at the match hotel was excellent.....especially with Chad telling people not to mess with a group of military guys, cops, chiropractors,....wait, why exactly did you throw that last part in there Chad?

Jesse shared fashion tips with me, and how the Spikecross shoes were not only more fashionable than Speedcross shoes, but may have helped some when I nearly flew over the rooftop prop on stage 8 when hitting it at a sprint. Only my superior athletic ability (read that as "dumb luck") and situational awareness (read that as "barely remember anything but the pain") kept my finger off the trigger, muzzle in a safe direction, and safely maintained position on the rooftop to finish the stage out. After Jesse's suggestions, I've ordered the following: Spikecross shoes and a corset. I'm not sure what the corset is for, but Jesse said it was essential. I love compliments, but suggesting next year's jersey should be light blue to better bring out my eyes was a little awkward Jesse!

Chad refused to calibrate paper targets for me....not sure why he was being so stingy with his mouse fart calibration ammo that he usually shoots at matches, and "Really dude? Imma smack you" isn't what I expected from a retired guy. :roflol:

Becky and Dianna took some great pictures and have them on Facebook for any of you inclined to check them out. Go check them out...my favorite sorta makes me look like a sheepdog.

The dump buckets worked great IMO.....and seemed very secure and not likely to tip over when being aggressive. Dump barrels were also vertical, which is how they should be IMO.

The targets on the longer range stages were awesome, even when shooting Irons, and the guys calling hits were FAST at calling hits. IMO, all of the targets were the correct size for the gun being used, and there was a good mix of targets being used. There were no "option" targets, and honestly, I didn't miss them really. Paint was used often, and targets were consistently visible as long as mother nature played nice.

The stages were VERY balanced in times and various types of difficulty, regardless of each stages round count. Balanced stages lead to a smoothly RUN match that seemed to be ahead of schedule all day Saturday, even in the early damp hours following rain.

The prize table, especially for a first year match, was awesome. Hayes Customs put a beautiful 2011 out there, Black Rain Ordinance had LOTS of toys on the tables at the title sponsor, Brownells put a chunk of coin on the tables, and there were these jugs and containers all over the place that I am led to believe were filled with......POWDER. Not sure how many unicorns had to be slaughtered to get it for the prize table, but I'm ok with it. Thank you to all of the sponsors who kicked in this year, and I hope to see you all supporting this match next year with several of your friends' companies as well.

For anyone looking for blackmail material on Chad Francis....I'll start the auction at $100.......

JK......I'll give the material out for FREE. :cheers:

I do have a copy of the famous footage Chad mentioned, but for viewing only in person. Viewing may happen between stages at Fallen Brethren or 3GN Regional in Texas the following week.

Seriously some of the best stages and match management I've ever shot, and all for the great cause of getting more juniors shooting. I witnessed some epic generosity at the awards as well. What a great community we run with.

Here are my stages.