Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensator recommendations for 17

G17

Hey guys, i'm interested in trying out a compensator on my gen 4 17. I understand a comp is probably better suited for a high pressure round like .40 but i'd really like to try one out regardless. I'm not worried about the money. I was thinking about getting one from carver customs like maybe the 3 or 4 port, or possibly the one from Jager although it's questionable because it looks like its way more ported then i want to go. I generally only shoot your basic target ammo right now, but am working on obtaining my reload equipment so in the near future should be turning out some hotter loads. Anyways, i just wanted to see what it would do, if anything. Very least it will look cool. Also, does anyone know where i can find a lonewolf or kkm threaded barrel in stock for a 17. It's seems like literally every online store i check out are all out of stock. I appreciate any advice. Thanks guys.

I can't find any model 17 threaded barrels in stock anywhere. I was thinking about ordering a KKM straight from their website, and they have the option to chose the barrel/comp combo but it doesn't show what the comp looks like or even give any info about it. Has anyone tried one of these KKM comps from their site or know anything at all about them?

I've had KKM comps that came with barrels, think they all ended up in the trash. They might wok with factory loaded ammo OK, never tried. Carver Custom has or is coming out with a 2 port SC/GSSF comp.

I found a LW barrel in the classifieds. Thinking about buying it and then ordering a carver customs 4 port for it. My question: I heard something about the threading on LW barrels being further back and more suitable for a suppressor. The carver comp i'll order is threaded to fit the LW barrel but do you think i'm going to have any issues with it fitting properly. I'v never used a comp before. Is there supposed to be any space between the back of the comp and the slide, or should it go right up against it? I just don't want to waste my money if it's ultimately going to be an improper fit.

There is like a paper thin gap

Is that good or bad? How much of a gap is ideal between compensator and slide? I just have no experience with them and i really can't seem to find any info on the interwebs pertaining to glock comps so i figured i would ask you bad ass dudes here.