Armalite 3-gunner

LordWhorfin

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea JP 3-gun model lol

How about that

Really the three gun models DPMS makes really? I was told by competition shooters at Camp Perry to stay away from that company as some parts tend to break. Maybe as consumer I don't care who sponsors three gun matches

I'm not a sponsored shooter. I'm gonna buy parts and guns from quality companies like Noveske, JP, and Troy, Magpul not DPMS.

Sorry but stag, armalite, DPMS Colt I've seen those guns have problems over the years with feeding failures to feed so I tend to stay away from those guns I don't care Who sponsors what, that's great that they sponsor three gun I'm happy for You. I love 3 gun but give me a good JP rifle anytime or Noveske, Black Rain all great guns. The others are Mid to bottom of the line, my opinion.

Yea JP 3-gun model lol How about that Really the three gun models DPMS makes really? I was told by competition shooters at Camp Perry to stay away from that company as some parts tend to break. Maybe as consumer I don't care who sponsors three gun matches I'm not a sponsored shooter. I'm gonna buy parts and guns from quality companies like Noveske, JP, and Troy, Magpul not DPMS. Sorry but stag, armalite, DPMS Colt I've seen those guns have problems over the years with feeding failures to feed so I tend to stay away from those guns I don't care Who sponsors what, that's great that they sponsor three gun I'm happy for You. I love 3 gun but give me a good JP rifle anytime or Noveske, Black Rain all great guns. The others are Mid to bottom of the line, my opinion.

Lol @ grouping Colt in with Stag and Armalite

• 1 year later...

Armalite is GREAT STUFF!!!! Their barrels are great for accuracy and their builds are great! Buy, or build with their parts with confidence! This is a first tier company........

Disclaimer... I shoot for J.P. but this is GREAT stuff!!!!!! I would be happy with anything they make!!! ..... uh... buy J.P.! :)

Someone mentioned to me that the new line of AR's would be out this November, including a new 3-Gun model that Tommy Thacker was running himself. I heard about it right after the FNH match, from someone who had talked to some folks there about it, and he passed it along since he knew I was looking to get into 3-Gun. I ended up going another direction on AR, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what the new model is like. I had heard ballpark of $1600 MSRP, so I wanted to know what that would buy.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-look/watch-for-new-armalite/

Since I'm new to the sport, and to AR's in general, I figure someone around here has heard more, or has better information.

I have not handled one of these variants of the Armalite rifles. I will say that I won one of these rifles as a junior shooter years ago at Camp Perry in 1998-1999, it was the first rifle I won. Is was one of those weird ban-guns with the perma-break on the front. I was happy to have the rifle. I traded the upper for a NM variant. That rifle shot OK even though there was a ring / bulge in the barrel between the front sight base and the muzzle. Years later I bought a 24" Armalite barrel for a varmint gun and it had borderline excessive headspace, I shot it and it still worked.

I am thrilled that more MFGs are putting out "suitable" factory rifles for people to choose from, it cant be a bad thing and it might be more palatable as a competition rifle with competition in the name then in that evil military configuration.

Colt has the CSR 1516 that does not look too bad and is 750.00 from cheaper then dirt at the moment if you are looking for a rifle. You would be hard pressed to put a rifle together for 750.00 but it can be done.

I think that you are going to find a few things that you want to change or replace on almost any rifle out there but you need to shoot it a little first to find out what.

I emailed Armalite about the new 3 gun rifle. They said it does have the adjustable gas block but not a low mass bolt. They also said hopefully it will ship by the end of the year but they are officially bringing it out at shot show. Well lets see:

- 18" barrel

- turnable comp (looks along the lines of Miculek)

- adjustable gas block

- Timmney Trigger

- adjustable stock (rifle stock)

- low profile key mod handguard.

Looks like I may just buy this instead of build because it has everything I was going to do except the low mass bolt which I already have on order.

Adam

This is an old thread, but definitely worth noting that Team Armalite is going strong. Tes had several of the team members shooing at some local club matches this summer with us and even brought a car full of new rifles to sight in. What I like best about the direction they have taken is getting normal employees of the company involved with competition. Not only are we seeing names like Greg, Tommy, and Tes that we had seen in years past, but they have sparked a fire in several others. Their professionalism is 2nd to none and as a result of personal experiences I would highly recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

I got to check out the new Armalite 18" 3 Gun rifle. LUTH-AR adjustable stock. The compensator is user tunable. Adjustable gas block. Standard mass BCG. Timmney trigger. Very light key mod handguard.

It's a pretty nice rifle.

I emailed Armalite about the new 3 gun rifle. They said it does have the adjustable gas block but not a low mass bolt. They also said hopefully it will ship by the end of the year but they are officially bringing it out at shot show. Well lets see:

- 18" barrel

- turnable comp (looks along the lines of Miculek)

- adjustable gas block

- Timmney Trigger

- adjustable stock (rifle stock)

- low profile key mod handguard.

Looks like I may just buy this instead of build because it has everything I was going to do except the low mass bolt which I already have on order.

Adam

Did they give any indication on MSRP? The new 18" one looks like a nice rifle depending on the pricing.