Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which cargo pants would you recommend?

jayjay1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using the Tru Spec 24/7 pants for more than a few years now and they have been great. They are built well with a pocket arraingement that I like and they have been wearing well as I use the blend version, the cotton wore out faster.

Neal in AZ

I love the vertex pants. The waist does run small as i am usually a 31 and I am in 33. I like the vertex pants cause they don't look all tacticool. The pocket on the side are inset and the hidden pocket I use all the time for money etc.

J

Edited by HotLoad

triple aught design stuff is nice. i do like the 5.11 stryke pants, which have a different pocket config compared to the std 5.11 pants. also, the la police gear brand pants are very nice, and cheap. they have some on clearance with the lower leg pockets. sizes are a little more limited now, but if they have your size they are cheap. the fit is pretty true to size. la police gear also has some blem stryke pants. i got a pair and can't find any issues with them, so they were a much better deal then the full price version

The new Vertx Shooting Pants - the ones in Gryptek, Typhon, and a couple other camos are the best I have ever seen. No velcro, no buttons, pockets just right, knees reinforced, boot cut so you can wear them in or out of boots, completely silent and easy to use, hold AR mags in back pockets, gun mags in front pockets. They are not for trying to look undercover, but they are the best functioning of all the pants. The shooter shirt-same camos, are excellent too, but they have Velcro sleeves and cigarette pockets on sleeves with zippers you can hear a mile away. These are new in June - not the same as the regular Vertx which are as good or bad as any other.

Thanks a lot for the infos.

Well, Vertx is extremly pricey over here, costs double like the competitors.

After googling your recommandations I think I´m looking for a cotton only, because of comfort.

It should be a warm one, because the winter is coming.

Another vote for TAD. They make awesome pants. I have three pairs of the force 10 RS pants and they are almost all I wear on the weekend. A bit overly warm for summers in Vegas, but nice for colder climates. I also have a pair of their Legionnare pants and they are definitely great for the cold. They are made of a heavy herringbone cotton. Sent a pair to my brother in law who lives in Siberia. He wears them during the winter and loves them. TAD is a bit expensive, but they hold up very well, and they're cut great They're also made in the USA.

TruSpec 24-7 here as well. Cotton poly ripstop. Awesome pants!

These are very good for the summer.

While not as "tactical", don't overlook Carhart and ou might also want to look at the stuff Deluth Trading Co sells. Both very good quality.

Edited by Graham Smith

I have been using LA police gear brand operator pants and shorts. Very affordable and very comfortable.

Ditto, have 2 pairs of pants and shorts. They regularly have coupons for 10-20% off so they are a steal.

• 3 weeks later...

RIGGS Ranger are the toughest all cotton ripstop pants I have ever owned.

Made by wrangler.

Double Knees, gusseted crotch. Cordura lined rear pockets. Knife or Tape measure guard on right front pocket.

I have both the Carpenter pants which do not have cargo pockets and and the Ranger work pants.

This place has the best price I have found.

http://workingperson.com/wrangler-riggs-pants-men-s-ranger-room2move-work-pants-3w060-br.html

But www.cabelas.com has more colors.

I have seen several of the lighter weight 5.11's with ripped crotches or pockets at matches. I think they were better years ago but now use lesser quality material.

I like Vertx because they look very understated for cargo pants. They are pretty streamlined- the velcro on regular cargo pant pockets never works well for me and nearly always feel bulky, but the Vertx design seems to do great. Like someone else said, they sort of feel small but that is probably because the waist is elastic.

I wouldn't immediately rule out the multicam/kryptex camo versions because they look tactical though. I got a pair of the multicam to try because there was a sale and I had a coupon code and I really like the 50/50 nylon/cotton-ripstop material. Probably won't wear them day to day like the original colors, but I like them nonetheless.

I've had numerous cargo pants but the Vertx are easily my favorite. Moreover, they are probably my most well liked pair of pants, period.

I wear 5.11 pants almost every day but now I start to like blackhawk Warrior wear pants. They shared a lot of similar features but the extra zippered pocket, adjustable waist and rubber liner on the waistband is I think worth the extra money to pay for the Blackhawk.

Are any of these mentioned besides the 5.11 water resistant. I was pretty happy one day on the way to a match when I spilled water in my lap to realize my 5.11 pants my brother gave me were water resistant.

if anyone wants to get one of these and review them I would be very grateful

http://www.kitanica.net/backcountry/

http://www.kitanica.net/brushpants/

I was contemplating the brush pants but I figured $100 would be better spent on 3 pairs of vertx pants where I know what to expect versus 1 pair of these pants that look good but I haven't tried or even seen in person

if they are actually as amazing as they look I might have to get a pair though

LA police gear BDU or Operator pants super affordable and great quality. They are rip stop and built to last. I prefer the BDU pants a little more because of the button fly. I have a pair that have lasted 3 years with just some fading.

I will be placing my order for some Vertx pants. They look less tactical, desingn is more streamlined.

I have 5.11s and i like the stryke the most. A little more than the taclite but better fit imo. Less baggy. Taclites are great for shooting where you have to squat, kneel etc but a little too baggy for office attire.