Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI mag spacer: metal or plastic?

currahee1911

I use metal and glue them in place.

Haven't tried plastic and I don't think I will.

I periodically remove my spacers to give my mags a thorough cleaning and noticed the spacers show marks where the rounds sit.

Edited by yoshidaex

steel! I like how plastic follows on steel. Plastic on plastic tends to create friction(look at how slow a glock mag will falls out), how is the plastic going to hold up with bullets in them? Then drop the magazine with bullets in it.... Stainless will hold up, whereas plastic can get dinged and scratches from bullets/spring that could hender the flow of the follower. Plastics can expand and contract. just my oppinion

steel! I like how plastic follows on steel. Plastic on plastic tends to create friction(look at how slow a glock mag will falls out), how is the plastic going to hold up with bullets in them? Then drop the magazine with bullets in it.... Stainless will hold up, whereas plastic can get dinged and scratches from bullets/spring that could hender the flow of the follower. Plastics can expand and contract. just my oppinion

Agreed

No issues with the stock spacer or followers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Maybe because you never shoot yours? LOL JK!!!! I have had a few issues, but nothing major. Always when dropping them on the ground when their empty

Yes they rattle when empty. Some don't mind but it bugs me so I silicone mine in. I take them out over the winter, polish everything up and put them back in with a tiny bead of silicone. I use packing material to hold them in place until it cures

No issues with the stock spacer or followers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Maybe because you never shoot yours? LOL JK!!!! I have had a few issues, but nothing major. Always when dropping them on the ground when their empty

Have you even shot your 2011?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk