Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Limited Nationals on OLN - 18th Nov !!

BritinUSA

From Shooting USA

Tonight is the first airing of the USPSA Limited Nationals, the purest form

of run-and-gun competition, with iron sights and no compensators to help you

through the course of fire. This is a Championship Series event, as we

track the "super squad" of the best shooters through three days of competition.

USPSA Limited Nationals airs tonight 11/18 at 9:00 PM Eastern with a replay

at Midnight (9:00PM Pacific)

Then again on Saturday morning at 10:00AM Eastern Time (7:00AM on the West

Coast)

The vey best Scoutten ever! Brian's appearance and commentaries were awesome!

How 'bout Sevigny's arms... Are those locked or what?!

Taran's trigger... :blink:

The stage with the floor activators... Wow! There was a lot happening inside those windows, and these guys made it look so easy! Definitely a SUPER SQUAD!

TGO's comments at the end made me believe that maybe I don't have to loose weight... ;) That didn't fly with the Mrs. :D

Good day to all!

If you ever meet Dave S. ask to see where the Glock slide bites him. He has the highest damn hand position.

If you thought the stage with all of the foot activators was something, you should have seen what the Open shooters faced. Same ports, but there was an an additional activator on the first port that activated two, yes two, drop turners that were available for about 1 second. :wacko: Oh, and if you taped it, listen for the quick split TGO had in the 1st or second port of that same stage. That had to be an .10 or quicker (sounded like a double, but I know better).

Did I mention BE's cool commentary? :D

Interested in Eric Graufel's limited .40 shown on OLN's coverage of the 2003 Limited Nationals - I think Eric's gun was listed as a Tanfoglio HC 4. I found the WITNESS LIMITED on EAA's website, but is this the same gun?!?! If not how do I buy the HC 4 in the USA?!?!

I called a few of the EAA-listed Witness stocking dealers in the USA & they all replied something ignorant like "An HC what? Never heard of it!" or "Go call Tanfoglio in Italy. We don't carry it & don't want to bother getting you a witness limited. How about a witness compact?"

Seems like it could be a good gun but why is it not easily available in the USA?

Glad to see some coverage of the Limited Nationals even if it was a little late. Seems to me like Scouten did an OK job. Look forward to a report on '04.

Carlos,

AFAIK, the one you linked is the only "real" competition gun for Limited/Standard that Tanfoglio manufactures, and here it goes by the name of Tanfoglio Limited Custom HC (high capacity).

Maybe EG's one looks different because he uses (as most of the Limited Tanfo users) the ultra-thin aluminum grip panels?

Anyway, for further information have a look at Tanfoglio website. ;)

I think the camera angle didn't help. I believe what he was saying is that the poppers were arranged so that when they were all standing you actually could see the 3 in the back partially and that might trick shooters to try and go for that narrow and risky shot (which I am sure had to do with overall round count of the stage and reloads, too). I think it was only 6, BTW (9 would have been illegal in '03, I think).

The stage called Delivery Room Madness required shooters to transport a dummy baby while shooting the line of poppers, BE made the point that depending on how the shooter decided to carry the dummy might cause problems with shooting position and sight picture. His point was that the top shooter would be the guy who had the patients to shoot each shot "new" and not rush the shots. If you noticed Mike Voigt put the dummy behind his holster instead of over his shoulder like most of the other guys.

Oh, and if you taped it, listen for the quick split TGO had in the 1st or second port of that same stage. That had to be an .10 or quicker (sounded like a double, but I know better).

Did I mention BE's cool commentary? :D

BigD,

I didn't tape it but was watching it with Francisco, my 11YO D-class, and he pointed out that TGO's gun had gone full auto there... When I told him that it was a deliberate split he said (in sort of an apologetic way to his eternal B-class dad) that when he grows up he wants to shoot just like the cool old "gordito" :lol:

Forgot to mention that I also really liked the stage by stage commentary by Brian. The way the show was produced, it reminded me of other sports programs where they realize that the regular host only knows so much about the performance of the top competitors & to make up for that limitation, they bring in a hall-of-fame player or current hot shot to explain the action. I think Brian did a great job and I hope that OLN brings him back for its coverage of the '04 nationals.