Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Charging handle and latch?

Pat Miles

I would second that. Ran a BCM Gun Fighter Medium, #4 I think, but Raptor allows manipulation of CH from right side "wing" alone.

Its pricey, so you buy once and cry once.

For bolt hold open latch I've settled on Seekins. Larger piece for locking open part. Tried the BAD but took it off.

Mark

Edited by mpom

I have a BCM gunfighter with the small latch in my CTR02 and AR10. I don't like extended latches, so I went with the small latch, it is similar in size to a GI latch. I have been happy with these so far. I have dry fired and reset with my left hand quite a bit with no ill effects on either rifle.

Hurley

Budget option $30-40: Standard mil-spec charging handle with PRI combat latch. The PRI latch slightly extends out but not as far as a Badger and doesn't pinch my palm like a BCM mod 4.

Premium options $70-90:

Rainier Raptor: Fantastic ambi latch with slightly extended controls

PRI Gas Buster w/ combat latch: A nice smooth charging handle with a great design to redirect excess gases away from your face and still that great latch.

I prefer simple and reliable. I have yet to find a need for anything oversized, extended or ambidexterous. I personnaly believe they are a solution to a non existant problem. I have seen many broken latches and a few bent chargehandles. I use either complete colt charge handle/latches or the mikulek. Steel CH with a colt latch. We have litteraly hundreds in service at work and all are colts and I have yet to see one break or bend.

For the LR-308 Iam a big believer in the BCM large handle version

Because the buffer spring has a much higher spring rate than the ar-15 design.

I have 3 stock 308 charging handles with badger latches that have bent roll pins.

For the LR-308 Iam a big believer in the BCM large handle version

Because the buffer spring has a much higher spring rate than the ar-15 design.

I have 3 stock 308 charging handles with badger latches that have bent roll pins.

Try the .308 Rainier Raptor on your next one, you'll like it even more then the BCM, smoother with a more linear pull.

Just saw Primary Arms is having a sale on the Raptor 556 charging handles. $20 off each one, limit 2. Use the coupon code RAPTOR

And if you have never ordered from Primary, they ship super fast. They also have cheap shipping.

Just saw Primary Arms is having a sale on the Raptor 556 charging handles. $20 off each one, limit 2. Use the coupon code RAPTOR

And if you have never ordered from Primary, they ship super fast. They also have cheap shipping.

Good deal for a Raptor

The sale is only good for stock on hand and they are sold out. So much for their sale. The $20.00 discount would be a good deal but the sale price is about a buck more than Brownells every day price. Oh well.

Pat

Edited by Pat Miles

Afraid we're out of stock at the moment but our Paratrooper Charging handle, 080-000-819 works really well. Left side only, longer than anything on the market AND folds in to get out of the way if you don't want it out there. Works great as a kick stand for those "pick it up off the table" stages. 7075 T6 aluminum. Our engineer took one of the first batch, put it in a gun, put on a big thick glove and BANGED it open 1000 times and it didn't fail. It can be tight in the "assembly notch" of some receivers, it is built to max specs for all the strength possible. I used one for more than a year, really liked it. Have changed to a JP side charge upper and a cheekpiece so can't use it. Larry