Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The steel thing was just an example. Even when doing USPSA practice I don't score the targets after every run. I usually do a handful of them then go look at the targets.

Actually, I don't really care about the scoring hardly at all. I want to see my time and splits for a run, then reset and run it again. The only change the app needs to accomplish this is to allow me to leave the points field blank so I can start up the next drill without having to enter scores for all the targets. Maybe I'm practicing wrong...

Going to agree on this. I would find this app more useful for some of my drills if I didn't have to record points on the runs.

Is anyone dry firing with a glock?

Want to know if your SM picks it up?

Thanks

Mine was picking it up but if my draw and shot were quicker than 1 sec it doesn't seem to pick it up. Lately, however, it's not picking anything up very well with the dry fire!

Many of my drills are multiple strings with total points counted at the end. To be a truly great tool for me the Shotmaxx trainer program needs to allow the use of strings and then require only total points.

Edited by XD Niner

Is the beep time still set at 0.6 sec?

....if so, can that be changed to the pretty-much-timer-standard of 0.3 seconds? (In other words, is there a software/hardware reason it can't be shorter than 0.6 seconds, or was that just an arbitrary choice?)

Eli,

I just fired up a brand new SM, updated the firmware, and I cannot get the BlueTooth to connect to an IPhone.

The instruction say to "press the up/down buttons to turn Bluetooth on or off"

When I do that the seconds will change to a date in watch mode or the timer will start counting down in timer mode. The only time I see a Bluetooth icon at all is for about 10seconds when I unplug the unit from a USB power supply.

How long should I be pushing down the buttons for?

What else can I do to try and fix the problem I'm having?

I've noticed throughout this thread you have responded to nearly every compliment about the system but have not commented specifically about BlueTooth problems that are being brought up. In one case you mention an email you sent someone but you did not include those details here? Why is that?

If the Bluetooth answer is that I need to reboot my phone and plug in the SM every time I haven't sent data in 5 minutes then the SM is unusable for me.

Please advise specifically on a fix or improved procedure.

Thank you.

Hey Friction, You should go to the doublealpha.biz website, shotmaxx section and download the manual. You need to be in the timer mode "- - - -" to get to the BT setting. It sounds like you are in the Date mode. Are you at the "SEND" setting and turning that ON?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

A new firmware has been released today. Please download and update - critical bug fixes.

http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/

Thanks,

Eli.

Just got my "new" SM. How do I update its FW, should I just update it w/ the latest FW or do I have to start w/ the very first update version then progress to later update until I reach the latest?

Please read the full user manual - it explains how to update your FW. You only need to update to the latest.