Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lazy people

Gary Stevens

Why can't people put the darn carts where they belong?

Leave them all over the parking lot, let them roll into other peoples vehicles, and all because they are too lazy to walk a few feet and secure them.

Just plain stupid.

Those are probably the same people who park in the handicapped area also.

I agree with the OP. I hate having those carts rolling into my car and blocking a spot I try to park in. Also ,with all due respect, please keep the comments on the "overweight slackers" for a different forum. Just my 2 cents.

Actually I see nothing wrong the the grocery store doing their job and re-treaving the cars from the lot. I go there to buy grocery items not pick up their carts. The price the charge has overhead in it, also the fund needed to pay the employees to round them up. If they get the customer to do it they save money. JMHO

Actually I see nothing wrong the the grocery store doing their job and re-treaving the cars from the lot. I go there to buy grocery items not pick up their carts. The price the charge has overhead in it, also the fund needed to pay the employees to round them up. If they get the customer to do it they save money. JMHO

Who pumps your gas?

If you are taking up the job of carrying out your own groceries...with the reduced cost of not having a "bag boy" do it...then why not finish the job you started?

Probably costs the taxpayers nothing -- and other than initial investment, there's probably no added cost to the store. It's possible costs might be lower over time -- fewer cart into vehicle claims, fewer carts lost or stolen, no cart retrieval to pay for....

with all due respect, please keep the comments on the "overweight slackers" for a different forum. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I know plenty of fit and trim slackers. Being overweight does not make a person a slacker.

Probably costs the taxpayers nothing -- and other than initial investment, there's probably no added cost to the store. It's possible costs might be lower over time -- fewer cart into vehicle claims, fewer carts lost or stolen, no cart retrieval to pay for....

But think of the part time minimum wage jobs you sacrificing. For me the good news is that I always drive the old car in household after my wife is done putting dents in it, so I really don't care if someone rams it with a cart.

Who pumps your gas?

Reminds me of my wife's first trip to a gas station outside of New Jersey. She just sat there getting more and more upset that no one was coming to pump her gas. (New Jersey requires all gas stations to be full service).

I dated a girl in college who had never pumped gas before...

On my way into the store I grab a loose cart in the parking lot, if there are one or two more in my path I'll grasp those too. It doesn't cost me but a few seconds and it serves "the greater good" in the shopping community :)

I dated a girl in college who had never pumped gas before...

On my way into the store I grab a loose cart in the parking lot, if there are one or two more in my path I'll grasp those too. It doesn't cost me but a few seconds and it serves "the greater good" in the shopping community :)

You are the man :bow:

Thanks

Who pumps your gas?

Reminds me of my wife's first trip to a gas station outside of New Jersey. She just sat there getting more and more upset that no one was coming to pump her gas. (New Jersey requires all gas stations to be full service).

Thats like one of a all of 4 or 5 good things about NJ. Who wants to get out of the care in a blizzard? Or I can get out of my car, go inside and get a cup of hot chocolate while I watch the skinny 19 year old gettining battered around by the wind.

Who pumps your gas?

Thats like one of a all of 4 or 5 good things about NJ. Who wants to get out of the care in a blizzard? Or I can get out of my car, go inside and get a cup of hot chocolate while I watch the skinny 19 year old gettining battered around by the wind.

Not if you value your time......

Nothing I hate more than popping out of the car to run the credit card through the pump, only to have to wait for the 19 year old to finally get to me after he deals with four other cars......

On the other hand, my mom's 87, and while she can pump gas, I'm glad she doesn't have to.....