Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What powders do you use for 9mm reloads?

charliez

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using Clays for 9 minor loads. Also fun for .45. Very soft and very clean. Just a pain to get anymore right now.

Definitely this. Clays is awesome. You can also use ClayDot .. identical results.

Good to hear. Just picked up some ClayDot a week ago.

Also picked up a few pounds of Ramshot Comp'. Anyone with experience care to comment how it compares to Clays? Specifically in 9mm minor.

Hodgdon does not produce powder. They package powder made by ADI in Australia under the Hodgdon Label, Most of IMR powders are produced by General Dynamics in Canada. Some production runs of 4227 are made by ADI. General Dynamics makes the Win labeled powders and the ball powders for Hodgdon labeled products. This is made in St Marks FL.

Western Powders are sourced from Europe and St Marks

Alliant makes most their powders, but the Reloder series are imported from Europe.

Bullseye and True Blue, for now. There are the powders one chooses when you start pistol reloading during the great gun rush of 2013, AKA, whatever you can get your hands on.

But, they seem to work great! BE with the 115-125 gr bullets, True Blue with the 147 gr.

I've loaded over 5K of 9mm minor on my SDB using WST.

I typically load using 124gr/125gr bear creek, xtreme and montana gold bullets

WST shoots nice and soft (I load to a PF of 130-135) recoil is minimal and there is not a lot of smoke.

I have used Power Pistol, Blue Dot, and 800-X for 9mm. So far I am a fan of Blue Dot the most. Alliant and IMR are the easiest to find in my area for various calibers.

I keep a wishlist of powders to look for when I am out and about that I haven't tried yet.

#2, HS-6, HP-38, N320, 231, and WST are the ones I want to find the most.

Keep an eye on your brass if you are running Solo 1000 when or if you are working up to major in 40 S&W. I got close to major power but then my primers started flattening out about 160 PF with 180 gr bullets. IMO