Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baby Eagle II Mods & Parts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I didn't have my BE II yet. It's on its way now, But it make me feel excited already.

I had shot a BE long time ago and all I can remember is... I had my hits in a very tight group and it really fits well on my hands.

I usually buy a gun that has an initial good feel to my hands..... as if like they are telling me they can shoot it well....

Thank you Ogiebb and Joel P. for confirming that this gun is worth buying and an excellent production pistol for the money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate to have acquired a CZ Accu Shadow fairly recently. The Accu comes with the Short Reset Trigger. Just on a whim the other day, I compared the reset, and travel after reset of the trigger of my Accu and Baby Eagle II (all steel, all stock, with 4.52" barrel model). Both are 9mm. After pulling the trigger (dry fire) in double action mode on Baby Eagle and Accu, then keeping the trigger held all the way back and then rack the slide to mimic the gun now being in SA mode, I then slowly let the trigger out just until reset. The Baby Eagle and Accu were virtually identical in amount of travel to reset when I slowly let the trigger back out. Then, after reset and slowly pulling the trigger again until hammer drop, I was amazed at the travel comparison from reset to hammer drop. Again, they were virtually identical. There is such little travel from reset to hammer drop on the Baby Eagle. I also have a CZ SP01 Tactical (non-Shadow, decocker version in 9mm) that has a professionally tuned trigger, and a SP01 (non-Shadow 9mm) also with a professionally tuned trigger. Neither SP01 has the short reset trigger. And the the stock Baby Eagle reset and subsequent travel after reset is much better than either SP01.

Of course, the DA was much better on the Accu and the SP01's vs the Baby Eagle, and the SA trigger of the stock Baby Eagle was slightly heavier than the Accu or SPO1's (but the SA of the Baby Eagle was still very nice). I didn't measure the trigger pull weights so I can't give exact numbers.

You can get the DA on a BE just as light as a Shadow and better than a Stock II.

That's what I'm discovering by following this thread.

To make the changes to get the DA that light on the BE, would the gun still be Production legal in USPSA?

if someone would just make a nice extended firing pin for this gun we could get it down to 4-5 lb DA and 1.5 -2 on the SA and ignite Win primers reliably :)

Take .03 off the hammer side of the firing pin retainer plate.

if someone would just make a nice extended firing pin for this gun we could get it down to 4-5 lb DA and 1.5 -2 on the SA and ignite Win primers reliably :)

Take .03 off the hammer side of the firing pin retainer plate.

wouldnt that be an external mod? i used to remember people shooting Tanfo's getting dq'ed because the firing pin stop has a big channel on their FP Stops