Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baby Eagle II Mods & Parts

i think the spring is fine its just that we need a longer pin either someone has to weld extra meat on the back or make/fabricate a longer pin.. if we do we dont even have to trim the spring anymore.

Edited by ogiebb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fabricated with some help an extended baby eagle firing pin that is .050" longer than stock. Pics and a range report hopefully tomorrow.

Thats cool let me know if you want to sell some in the future.. im still talking to a machinist that can make me one.

I fabricated with some help an extended baby eagle firing pin that is .050" longer than stock. Pics and a range report hopefully tomorrow.[/quot

Range report- extended pin worked but not any better than stock. I added .015 to the back and .035 to the front. I am going to try again but not sure what to change. A cz extended pin adds .020 to each end. Not sure what to try yet, any suggestions are welcome.

I fabricated with some help an extended baby eagle firing pin that is .050" longer than stock. Pics and a range report hopefully tomorrow.[/quot

Range report- extended pin worked but not any better than stock. I added .015 to the back and .035 to the front. I am going to try again but not sure what to change. A cz extended pin adds .020 to each end. Not sure what to try yet, any suggestions are welcome.

could you post a pic of what your pin looks like?

here is a pic of extended pin vs stock. I did not cut decocker notch wanted to confirm length first.

With the extended FP there's not a lot of room for error; the first time I did it everything looked good but when I applied the decocker on a loaded chamber BOOM!!!

It's hard to get the rear of the pin tucked all the way inside the retainer plate without any pin sticking out the front.

worst case scenario.. the factory or stock FP is still ok to use we just have to use an uncut 13 and 15lb hammer spring we will just have to wait for someone to make us an extended one.. i sent my Baby eagle for black mnitride and should be getting it this week.

one thing i did notice once you have dialed in your loads and have zeroed the sights make sure you drop some (blue or red) loctite on the rear sight. because nothing is holding it except the dovetail...i see a set screw in mine in the future.

I discovered a problem, the decocker had a small burr on it and was dragging on the firing pin. It was random on how much it would drag each time I used the decocker. I fixed that issue, so I am going to make another extended firing pin possibly today and see if it works better.

You could also try reducing the weight of the firing pin and the hammer.

Update.. i found a Jericho 941 Competition hammer from a buddy overseas (he has a frame safetied jericho 941 w/ a skeleton hammer) i will install on my baby eagle when i get the time, it looks like a stock 2 hammer but a LOT narrower.. stock 2 hammer is a LOT wider and wont fit the frame without getting a good shaving , a good friend gave me a spare one and although it works it is very tight and needs some material shaved.

I will be getting a two-toned 941F 9mm with a frame mounted safety, luckily for us here in the Philippines we have an IWI distributor here. I plan to shoot it in IPSC PD next year, I want to run it stock as possible with the exception of a 15lb hammer spring and a RP-TRS from CGW. Any recommendation where I could get a lighter recoil spring and what poundage if I'll be using a 135gr minor load? Thanks.

I will be getting a two-toned 941F 9mm with a frame mounted safety, luckily for us here in the Philippines we have an IWI distributor here. I plan to shoot it in IPSC PD next year, I want to run it stock as possible with the exception of a 15lb hammer spring and a RP-TRS from CGW. Any recommendation where I could get a lighter recoil spring and what poundage if I'll be using a 135gr minor load? Thanks.

Mine runs just fine with CZ 11# spring.

Xander, the EAA Match adjustable rear will work and I'm pretty sure it sits lower than the LPA.

John did you try it out?, i did not have good luck when i did. dovetail was a tad tight and i did not want to cut the slide more.

No, I measured it, but ended up selling my Poly Jericho before I got the chance.

im not sure but if you have a part # for the rear sight that you measured ill try it out again on mine.. the one i got the rear sight base was HUGE and would require me to make the dovetail on the slide bigger.

on top of that under the rear sight is a cut and a hole for the decocker plunger, cutting it deeper or wider might cause a problem with the FPB and decocker plunger.