Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Autodrive ?

I have recently purchase a PW auto drive for my Dillon super 1050. However, when I hook it up, I can not get the unit to push with enough pressure to pop out the old primers. If I use a case that doesn't have a primer it works fine. I can not figure out how to adjust the arm to make it have enough torque to finish the step. Any suggestions?

I have recently purchase a PW auto drive for my Dillon super 1050. However, when I hook it up, I can not get the unit to push with enough pressure to pop out the old primers. If I use a case that doesn't have a primer it works fine. I can not figure out how to adjust the arm to make it have enough torque to finish the step. Any suggestions?

1. Make sure your decapper has enough length to push the primer out

2. Tighten the clutch incrementally until the primer is consistently pushed out

Setup was rather tricky for me as well, but it's working now.

First set up your 1050 so it works manually with the handle.

Swap to the PW, loosen the clutch so you can turn the PW handle manually.

Check to see if you are at full stroke, is the sizing die touching the shell plate?(no case inserted)

Rotate the crank 180, is the press close to hitting the stop?

Don't adjust the dies, because you set it up manually already.

The hard part, try 1/2 a turn at a time. Check function.

If the die is not touching the die at full stroke, adjust the front threaded in or out till the case just touches the shell plate.

Rotate the crank 180 and adjust the rear thread in or out till you get close to the stop.

1/2 a turn at a time. Check function.

If the throw is too short, make an adjustment to the bolt on the center crank.

When its set up correctly, the press should cycle smoothly.

It a real challenge, once its set, never have to do it again

Could never get the P/W to work right and sold it on eBay. Then sent my press up to Iowa to have the Forcht rotary conversion done and it's perfect. If you are looking to automate a 1050, the rotary conversion it the only way to go in my experience.

• 2 years later...

There are other players in the game now. You should take another look and see what's out there. In my humble opinion, PW isn't even an option. I've used one myself and spent more time fixing a broken press than actually loading ammo.