Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock trigger advice

Hatchet

I am setting up a G35 for Limited and am trying to decide about the trigger. I have set up 2 G17's for Production using the Ghost Rocket connector and changing out the plunger spring. I get about 3-3.5 lb pull and that works fine. I have been eyeing certain drop in triggers, and like the idea of the Zev Fulcrum Ultimate, but am wondering how that will compare to what I have in the G17.

If any of you have compared what I am describing, let me know what you think. Or if you have another drop in suggestion or solution, I would appreciate it.

I am setting up a G35 for Limited and am trying to decide about the trigger. I have set up 2 G17's for Production using the Ghost Rocket connector and changing out the plunger spring. I get about 3-3.5 lb pull and that works fine. I have been eyeing certain drop in triggers, and like the idea of the Zev Fulcrum Ultimate, but am wondering how that will compare to what I have in the G17.

If any of you have compared what I am describing, let me know what you think. Or if you have another drop in suggestion or solution, I would appreciate it.

I have both the Ultimate Fulcrum and the ZevTech Production kit. I like both I like the flat aluminum pad of the fulcrum but I really like the feel of the production kit a tab better but have the ultimate fulcrum in my open and limited guns.

I've owned and ran all the aftermarket Drop in trigger systems out there and I mean all. They are not worth the money. They are good systems just over priced. I created 1 that has adjustable pretravel at the trigger shoe and adjustable reset and post travel at the trigger housing both are set screws. I have a hand full of competitors using them and they are more than satisfied!!! all safeties remain in operation and pull is 2-2.5 lbs I can also adjust the feel of the seerer kick up coming off the striker lug as a snap or a mirror on mirror slide. If you don't care about post or pre travel change out your trigger spring for a 6lb increased power spring and your firing striker spring with a 4lb wollf spring. Zev has really nice springs I would highly recommend them above lone wolf, ghost, or glock store any day. Zev has great stuff but pricey save your trigger money for a modified striker the titanium ones are great and increase lock time by almost 50% that's a big percentage. Or better yet goin GSSF and got to a Glock Armorers course and AGI has great Glock DVD’s. Just do your homework or you get taken by the fancy descriptions. To this day with over 15 years of R&D on Glocks I don’t know what the hell “fulcrum” means. Line your 250$ trigger bar up against a OME get out the micrometer and tell me the difference-hint**there is none other than its gold or you can see your reflection in it. Check out Johnny Glocks LLC on facebook for trigger info also to really get the felt difference get a glocksmith you can trust and stick with him all my clients now know the difference because we work together to achieve exactly and I mean sometimes painstakingly exactly what they want within safe reliable tolerances.

Edited by JOHNNYGLOCKS

I have a G17 and did not care for the factory trigger.

I tried the Ghost Rocket and other than a lighter pull, did not like it either.

After reading all I could, I decided to stop messing around and just get an drop in trigger. I decided on the GlockTriggers.com Edge since the gun is an Open div gun. I really like it. It is not a 1911 trigger but it is very shootable.

His stuff, IIRC, is all factory that has been adjusted and tuned to work better. It does that and I did not mind paying for his expertise.