Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3 Gun pistol...Eagle or Edge?

Zmego

• 2 weeks later...

If you can afford it just get a Marauder. Best of both worlds.

Biggest thing the Edge gets you is the extra weight up front, which is great for .40, not needed much with 9mm. But, if you're getting an Edge for 3-gun, I don't know why you wouldn't just get a Tactical, basically is an Edge in black with a rail which could help with night matches.

I have an Eagle, it works fine. However, I wish mine had a light rail up front and was matte black. The polished blued finish on Eagles is VERY touchy, I find myself rubbing the thing down constantly. That's the one thing I do not like. A matte finish and a half rail would be awesome, which is exactly what the Marauder gets you. If you're going to mistreat the thing and get your grubby greasy hands all over it constantly, I don't know why anybody would voluntarily get a polished blued finish, my cerakoted Glock works much better in this regard. .

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I like shiny things!!!! :goof:

You just do have to clean them every once in a while... Not sure about the top of the slide on the round top Eagles, but I got mine as the tri-topped model and those three faces are a matt finish, its just the sides that are brushed/polished. I do prefer the look.

Not sure about the top of the slide on the round top Eagles, but I got mine as the tri-topped model and those three faces are a matt finish, its just the sides that are brushed/polished.

Same thing with the round ones. Seems like every time I look at the side of mine there is a big fat fingerprint on it. :)

I went from a 5" M&P to a 5" 2011 tactical 9mm for what its worth. I added fiber front and adj rear sight, a mag well and a short trigger. I shot TX multigun and you could mount the light or hold it and if I want to shoot a night match. Oh yea, chicks dig guys with anything "tactical"

• 2 weeks later...