Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with a failure to feed

Munchies

Helping a friend out here.

have a compact witness in .40. Compensated.

Cleaned to sterile , and lubed just right. New 5% over wolff mag spring and a super polished feed ramp.

I have another mag in the mail to try that.

Ammo is hanging up while feeding. Now that the ramp is polished it helped quite a bit, but now it is almost as if the back of the case is popping out of the mag too soon, and the angle while its on the feed ramp is too steep , because the case head is not sliding up onto the breech face correctly, the angle is too steep.

It either will slip under the extractor and feed

Pop out of the mag before it reaches the extractor and hang up with the bullet catching somewhere

Pop out of the mag too soon and feed, but then the extractor has to pop over the rim as it slams home.

Tried playing with feed lips a bit, but want to see the other magazine first.

Its almost as if the barrel is too high, the mag too low, and the ammo is too short

• 3 weeks later...

What version of magazines are you using? What color is the follower? Orange/Red or Black/Grey?

Yeah what magazines are you using? I had the exact same problem with my Limited Custom HC and it was magazine problem. I hade the silver mags with red follower, then I bought the new black mags with black/grey follower. That solved my problem.