Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

air guns illegal?

njrich

my son asked for a pellet/bb gun for christmas so i started searching online today.

the first site i go to has this posted.

The following areas are prohibited from purchasing from this site due to local restrictions: All boroughs of New York City, NY, New Jersey, Michigan, Chicago, IL, Morton's Grove, IL, San Francisco, CA or to Philadelphia, PA. We can not ship CO2 cartridges to Alaska or Hawaii. Please review our Air Gun Safety and Policies pages for more information.
c'mon even for a bb gun.if it wan't for the awesome public school system here i'd be moving back to pa. quick.

Odd but I don't know what they base that on. All the local Sports Authority's and Dick's around here have them out on the shelf, P99, 1911s, S&Ws, and full size M16 with plastic shots.

Vlad

Certain states, NJ among them treat a BB or Pellet gun the same as a firearm and require a FID Card or in the case of a pistol a purchase permit. Sportsmans GUide won't ship because they are not able to deal in the interstate transfer of a "Firearm" remember, no more mail order guns, GCA 1968.

So, you can buy them, but you can't mail order them into areas that consider them to be a FIREARM. As to the CO2 shipping, I think that has to dowith the air transport used.

Jim Norman

The following areas are prohibited from purchasing from this site due to local restrictions: All boroughs of New York City, NY, New Jersey, Michigan, Chicago, IL, Morton's Grove, IL, San Francisco, CA or to Philadelphia, PA. We can not ship CO2 cartridges to Alaska or Hawaii. Please review our Air Gun Safety and Policies pages for more information.
if it wan't for the awesome public school system here i'd be moving back to pa. quick.

A public school system that reflects that crappy gun mentality? I'd be moving regardless.

-Chet