Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

why a 4 post ?

pbosik

I am trying to get set up in revo, and it seems a bunch of ppl are using a 4 post holder and the a single one also. I am thinking why not just get a 5 post and be done with it. I have a 34 in waist, So my concern is well it fit across the front add of my waist. Thanks in advance.

Btw, I plan on using it for big 45acp & 38 special and maybe 38 short colt at a later date.

Both work fine.

I run a 4 post in the front and a single on the side. If there is a stage where you have to go prone and need to reload a single on the side will keep you from having to roll to the side to get another clip. I haven't had a prone stage in over 2 years so it isn't that big a deal.

The prone argument is a very good one. I run a Speed-e-rack and I bumped four clips off against a barrel once. I quickly pickup three of them and used my "oh-crap" clip on my side to finish the stage. I also prefer to go to the "oh-crap" clip if I am shooting kneeling. Then again it has been many years since I had a 34 inch waist.

I'm a 35-36" waist, depends how full!?* I am, I use the 5 post with not much issue.

But...the 4 post will give you a bit more belt buckling options and in a USPSA match I've never needed all 10 clips.

I don't like the single behind anywhere as it's just something that can/will hook a chair or prop at some point, and I used one for quite a while. If you're worried about prone I'd set a single on the weak hip, if you're prone you won't be doing a switch hands reload without a lot of trouble. Another reason to master both forms of reloading.

The five full will feel a bit heavy fully loaded, but then you don't have to use 'em all.

I'd probably still be using just a 4 post, if I hadn't picked up a 5 post off of a MCC prize table though.

Will the 5 post bend to fit a persons body? i.e. having it positioned to the weak side and curving around the hip bone ?

A heat-gun or hot hair-drier will let you form the back of a northern mountain.