Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man 3-Gun National Championship May 10-11, 2014

We're happy to officially announce the 2014 He-Man 3-Gun National Championship to be held at the NRA Whittington Center on May 10-11, 2014.

Yep! That is indeed Mother's Day weekend! Scheduling can be tricky! :blush:

We have a little something special planned for moms who come and shoot or just come to support their He-Men...or...wee-men!

Applications are now available at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/index.html Go to the He-Man Application page.

We have a number of sponsors who have already committed their support! What amazing sponsors 3-Gun has! :bow:

Thanks to: Blacksheep Manufacturing, Brownells (2014 is their 75th year), Burris, Dillon Precision, Dreadnaught Industries, Machine Gun Tours, Seekins Precision, Sierra Bullets, Warne Scope Mounts and XS Sights.

Anyone else wanting to join us as a sponsor, feel free to contact us at: heman3gun@yahoo.com

Seven stages over 2 days, He-Man Side shoot-off...yep, the piggies are back!!!

Hope to see you there!

:wub: Denise

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my absolute favorite match. It's RM3G, without the pressure. Everyone laid back and there to have fun. Funny thing... I was surprised to see a 600yd target at HMN and no complaints from any iron shooters. I did hear complaints at RM3G from scoped shooters trying to hit 425. The shootoff is way cool too. Only time I ever get to shoot in a man on man shootoff. Very exciting and a totally different kind of pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...not sure where you're going to find berdan primer loads whose projectiles aren't going to stick to a magnet...but good luck.

7.62x54 is a little longer than .308 and a little shorter than .30-06, and is called the Russian .30-06.......Insert short Russian joke here! :roflol:

Seems like yes, that would be He-Manly enough! AS LONG AS NO STICKY TO MAGNET!!!! Do you have a Dragunov or something???

So, sorry to be a bit slow, but what the heck is PSL an acronym for??? I've never been in the military, and I started texting late in life! :surprise:

Denise

PSL is a Romanian-produced rifle that looks like a Dragunov but really closer to the RPK heavy-ish machine gun. The acronym is for some long Romanian words I don't know how to spell. Used to be you could get them for 600 or 700 bucks, but I don't even know anymore.

Also, Prvi and S&B make brass cased, Boxer primed ammo for roughly the same cost as the other full power cartridges they make. Loading for it is a pain because there's only a handful of correct diameter projectiles -- it's a few thousandths fatter than .308, which is just enough to make stuff get stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the other forums is discussing true irons!!!!

Well, we've got them at He-Man! :goof:

Three divisions: He-Man Iron (irons only NO 1x)

He-Man Scope (1 piece of glass)

wee-man (staff, family and travel partners of He-Men)

He-Man is .45, .308 and pump 12 gauge!!!

Applications at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

Happy Thanksgiving!

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

Denise, I'm thinking there is still space availble to shoot. Am I correct?

Yeppers!!!

Two days, 7 Natural Terrain, RM3G-esque stages, Saturday and Sunday!

It's Mother's Day weekend, so let us know if you're bringing a mom, we have little something for them! http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

Thanks so much to those sponsors that have already signed up! You are MUCH appreciated! :bow:

Thanks to: 3-Gun Stuff, Blacksheep Manufacturing, Brownells, Burris, C&M Targets, Deadwood Stoves, Dillon, Dreadnaught Industries, DSG Arms, Dynamic Resistance, Ergo Grips, Firebird Precision, Hornady, Magpul, The Metal Man, Machine Gun Tours, Nordic Components, Rocky Mountain Targets, Seekins Precision, The Shooter's Source, Sierra Bullets, SpecOps, StagArms, Vortex Optics, Warne Scope Mounts and XS Sights!!! They are all so supportive!!

This is a match for the BIG Guns! We have 3 divisions: He-Man Iron (true iron, no glass) He-Man Scope both with .308's, .45 pistols and PUMP 12 gauges. There is a division available for staff and family and travel partners of He-Men (with permission of the match director) called wee-man. We have the Eddie Rhodes Memorial He-Man Law Enforcement trophy each year as well!

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/riggerjj/library/ Has some pictures from last year! Come join us! :goof:

:wub: Denise

• 3 weeks later...