Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage 16 "6x24"

old506

I need to find a match that only gives 1 penalty point for shooting a noshoot - I'll be in business then - Top 5 here I come!!!

I am pretty sure both those were for extra shots in a Virginia stage

How do you earn ONE penalty point? Miss, extra shot, extra hit, FTE..... they all have 10 point penalties.

I need to find a match that only gives 1 penalty point for shooting a noshoot - I'll be in business then - Top 5 here I come!!!

I am pretty sure both those were for extra shots in a Virginia stage

How do you earn ONE penalty point? Miss, extra shot, extra hit, FTE..... they all have 10 point penalties.

Practiscore bug?

The "One Point" penalty is an RO scoring input error. There is an "Additional Penalty" box right below the Procedural penalty box. The "Additional Penalty" is suppose to be used for when you have a shooter who can't complete the required shooting task and the MD has to assess a special penalty. For example, you have a shooter who can't shoot weak hand only due to an injury or physical limitation. That shooter can shoot the Weak Hand only section with their strong hand and then the MD can determine what specific point penalty they should be assessed and put that into the "Additional Penalty" box.

The RO's for this stage probably thought that having a "1" in the additional penalty box equaled a 10 point penalty, when in fact it only assessed a single one point penalty. I ran into this myself at local matches from a scoring perspective with RO's screwing this up.

Unless there was in fact a special circumstance where a shooter needed to be assessed a special additional penalty due to a physical limitation keeping them from completing the stage as described, all of the erroneous additional single digit penalties should have been considered a single 10 point procedural penalty. If the stats team missed this while reviewing the scores then that was a big mistake on their part. I looked at the results for this stage and there was only one shooter in the Limited match that ended up with a 31 point penalty in the final results. If he had been assessed a 40 point penalty it wouldn’t have made any overall placement difference in the final results, so realistically its not a real issue for this match.

In the past I brought the easy access of this "Additional Penalty" box to the attention of the PractiScore development team. Its too easy for an RO to input the wrong data into that field as it is. Hopefully this getting screwed up yet again at a national level match will revive the importance of moving this field to a different area on the screen so its not so easy to screw up.