Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Nationals - Back to Combined?

38SuperDub

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nationals next year will be in St. George, Utah.

Open, Limited, Production will be a single 5 day match (like a World Shoot), so you shoot one division for five days.

Hopefully they will expand the dates so that the match crew can shoot the match for score (as they do at a World Shoot), I think this will encourage more RO's to contribute their time and also allow the other match staff the opportunity to shoot for score.

At the moment I less concerned about a match a year from now than I am about getting info for a National match that is happening in few weeks.

This

366 rounds. 18 stages.

3 day shoot. 1/2 day format.

Registration some point on Wednesday. Somewhere in Tulsa.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

At the moment I less concerned about a match a year from now than I am about getting info for a National match that is happening in few weeks.

This

366 rounds. 18 stages.

3 day shoot. 1/2 day format.

Registration some point on Wednesday. Somewhere in Tulsa.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

That's the definitive kind of info I like to see three weeks before a NATIONAL match.

I am admittedly a little "nationals ignorant" but am I to understand that in 2013 you have the option to shoot both limited and open, (and production) and in 2014 you will have to choose between the three? If that is the case then I am against the change. If you can get a slot into all three, then you should be able to compete in all three.

Oh, and keep Eric Grauffel out. We don't need him coming over here and beating us in EVERY division.

Doubt any info will come out for a while but based off of what Paul is reporting (and Paul thankfully is usually on the ball). L/L10/O/P are all at 1 match - its a 5 day match - and you have to pick ONE division to shoot. On and there may be around 30 stages.

I am admittedly a little "nationals ignorant" but am I to understand that in 2013 you have the option to shoot both limited and open, (and production) and in 2014 you will have to choose between the three? If that is the case then I am against the change. If you can get a slot into all three, then you should be able to compete in all three.

Oh, and keep Eric Grauffel out. We don't need him coming over here and beating us in EVERY division.

I'm speculating that USPSA bit off more than they could chew this year. Having separate divisions at different times is great for shooters but it's gotta be a tremendous resource drain on resources to say the least.

Unfortunately if it wasn't for Paul Hyland & Ken Nelson - we wouldn't even have that info. At least some folks out there are trying to get us some info.

Hey they are too busy to put this info right now handling all the stuff for the nationals, you know the same reason they can't update the classifiers......

oh wait a tick.......

Too bad.

I think that it will water down the competition. I think the stand alone nationals this year proves it. Revo nats had much more and better competition this year. Limited nats had a deep field and great results.

Combining just water's down the competition.

I'm with you, but I hate seeing the competition go down by spreading everyone out. Maybe they just need to focus on the "Major" divisions or something. In the end, to me anyway, it's all about the competition. I want to see the best go up against the best.

I think the fact that Production Nats has zero info pretty much - its just a manpower thing. I'd rather them do 1 nationals right than 5 half ass. I'm ok with it.

I think the fact that Production Nats has zero info pretty much - its just a manpower thing. I'd rather them do 1 nationals right than 5 half ass. I'm ok with it.

The only way for them to do it correctly is to basically have a dedicated staff at HQ that does nothing but prepare and run nationals. They are trying to do it with the staff they have in place and they already have their everyday duties.

Or they hire a range to host which includes dealing with every aspect of the match, which is pretty much how SS Nationals has been ran.

I have been there with the Indiana Section trying to do it all, from entries to online squadding, getting match staff,match announcement, prize tables, hotels, supplies, stage design, shirts, score sheets, labels, match books, lunches, and 100 other things. I basically hire a range to put the match on the ground and deal with the rest, and it becomes a part time job for 6 months of the year.

Very much true!

The only way for them to do it correctly is to basically have a dedicated staff at HQ that does nothing but prepare and run nationals. They are trying to do it with the staff they have in place and they already have their everyday duties.

Or they hire a range to host which includes dealing with every aspect of the match, which is pretty much how SS Nationals has been ran.

I have been there with the Indiana Section trying to do it all, from entries to online squadding, getting match staff,match announcement, prize tables, hotels, supplies, stage design, shirts, score sheets, labels, match books, lunches, and 100 other things. I basically hire a range to put the match on the ground and deal with the rest, and it becomes a part time job for 6 months of the year.