Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 with lee collet die

Anyone running a 1050 with a lee collet neck sizing die?

How do you have it set up for trim and reload?

I just bought some for my rifle cases, and I am trying to figure out the best method to use them on this press.

Before or after I trim the cases?

Anyone running a 1050 with a lee collet neck sizing die?

How do you have it set up for trim and reload?

I just bought some for my rifle cases, and I am trying to figure out the best method to use them on this press.

Before or after I trim the cases?

Not running one yet but having had one in the drawer for 2 years waiting to test, I just happened to put it in the 1050 to try out this morning - just before seeing your post. I've never used one before on a single-stage though, so I can't compare that aspect of it.

I only ran a few test cases through it but it seemed to work well. After a little adjustment to get reasonable neck tension it cycled wthout significant force being required, and it ran smoothly without lube. Best if all it gave less bullet run-out than my alternative neck sizing approach, which is based around a Redding competition bushing neck die followed by an M die (in all cases the necks are un-turned). With the LCD the worst case run-out over the 5 or so cases I tried was 0.001", measured on a 21st Century gauge.

Overall it looks promising. I guess my biggest concern is how consistent the neck tension will be.

If I was trimming I'd be using an RT1200B with its integral FL sizing die, so the Lee FCD would not be involved. I either Neck size, or FL size and trim.

Edited by roxfo