Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The answer to Benelli slugs and pattern off from point of aim

kurtm

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurtm I do public apologize for the razz, my bad; I have learn allot from you, including the weak hand reload. THANK YOU for even bothering to answering ever dum question out there its got to get repetitious. :cheers:

Does a rifle slug leave the barrel spinning to the right like a bullet would ? and without adjustable sights DONE ? A little off topic:v) I'd like to ask? whats a acceptably group sizes for 50 yrds, 75 yrds and 100

boom,

Rifled slugs only spin to the right in northern hemisphere... If you go to South America to shoot, you have to get the left hand twisted ones... Easy way to remember, It's the same as the water in the toilets on spinning direction

No, no, NO! BOOM I was laughing my ass off with your reply. You made my night. I absolutely love banter like this....I really do mean well played!!! :) :)

I also saw that Trapr had answered it the right way on a different thread, so I was having a bit of sport...at your expense of course. ;)

Edited by kurtm

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Rose Action Sports today.

Steve was very helpful.

He suggested I contact Remington before sending it to him.

I did and the lady I spoke to told me the Versa Max I bought new this past Feb was made in 2011.

She said that's odd because most VMs don't stay on the shelf for more than a year.

So they sent me a shipping ticket and I'm sending it out tomorrow.

(He also told me the jig doesn't really work for the VM just the Benelli. )

Edited by Willz

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Rose Action Sports today.

Steve was very helpful.

He suggested I contact Remington before sending it to him.

I did and the lady I spoke to told me the Versa Max I bought new this past Feb was made in 2011.

She said that's odd because most VMs don't stay on the shelf for more than a year.

So they sent me a shipping ticket and I'm sending it out tomorrow.

(He also told me the jig doesn't really work for the VM just the Benelli. )

My VM tactical also shoots high and to the right with slugs. I'm curious as to what Remington is going to do to correct the POI and are they going to charge you?

• 1 month later...

Sorry the gauge only works on M1/M2 shotguns. I was just starting to work on Vinci,s....but I don't have access to one anymore. I would suspect that it has quite a bit to do with the spring pressure it takes to put them together, as that directly impinges the barrel half way down, but that is just a guess.

Does the Vinci have the same potential issue? I would have thought the two-piece design with the barrel/receiver module would make the barrel alignment a completely different beast than the M2 style setup.

Everything that I have read and experienced is that the vinci shoots crazy high with slugs. I have shimmed to the max and get a good sight picture. However I routinely struggle with slugs at matches due to POI/POA issues. I don't see. Much room for Bending as the rci tube and barrel nearly touch at the muzzle. Maybe it's time for a new 3 gun scattergun

Everything that I have read and experienced is that the vinci shoots crazy high with slugs. I have shimmed to the max and get a good sight picture. However I routinely struggle with slugs at matches due to POI/POA issues. I don't see. Much room for Bending as the rci tube and barrel nearly touch at the muzzle. Maybe it's time for a new 3 gun scattergun

i dont know anything about the vince except the safety is in the wrong place lol.... BUT i would think that if the rci tube almost touches the muzzle then there is a very good chance the barrel band is getting a lot of upward pressure in turn pushing up on the barrel and could definately be making slugs hit high... that is what would happen to an m2 i do believe, now with that being said the vinci may be so different from m2 that this is not the case at all...

My Vinci was 10" high at 50 yds. so I mounted a Hi Viz FO front on a .125" spacer cut to the width of the rib. (1/8 X 1 flat bar) Used a longer mounting screw through the Hi Viz , spacer and into the OEM threads then drilled and pinned it like Mike @ AI did to my M2. Right on the money now.