Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Storm Lake Barrels

gregshin

The one in my Fusion 6" is very accurate, but has a rather tight chamber. It causes problems if I don't chamber check everything. it will go "almost" into battery (within about 1/4") and is usually really stuck and hard to open (and forget pushing it into battery!). Bought a checker and lived happily ever-after...

I have 4 Storm Lake barrel and I think they are great barrels. The only one I had any problems with was the .40 cal. for my Glock 35. I needed to ream the chamber a little for some of my reloads to fit. Other than that they work great.

Seems lik good barrels. Had one in my xdm open gun that I traded. Only issue with it was that the throat was pretty short and really narrowed the projectile choices down, no JHPs for major.

if you need extra throating, a competent gunsmith could have throated it about 5-10 min max. Pretty simple procedure....

Seems lik good barrels. Had one in my xdm open gun that I traded. Only issue with it was that the throat was pretty short and really narrowed the projectile choices down, no JHPs for major.

if you need extra throating, a competent gunsmith could have throated it about 5-10 min max. Pretty simple procedure....

Yeah it really turned out to not be that big of a issue. I just used MG CMJ's and Berrys thick plated HBRN bullets. The magazines wouldn't hold rounds much longer than I could get by with that way, anyways.