Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Round Count

Bill Nesbitt

I'll try to liven this area up a little. :D

IDPA rules say that you can have no more than 18 rounds in a string. Because of this you don't often see a scenerio stage of more than 18 rounds. However every rule has a loop hole. :lol:

I designed this and we ran it at Hancock County for a club match.

IDPA scenerios should be something that could happen in real life.

The scenerio: You are on the way to the shooting range. You are gassing up the car and your family is inside at the local Stop & Rob. You are caught in the middle of a gang shootout outside while another gang is holding up the store. Hey, It could happen. :P You engage targets from cover of the gas pumps and car for 18 rounds. Then the time is recorded and you reload your gun and mag pouches from the open trunk of your car. At the second buzzer you proceed inside to rescue your family for another 18 rounds. Most people have enough mags to stage loaded mags and the ones who need to can reload their mags off the clock. This stage worked OK for a club match. It might slow down a big match. What do you think?

Bill Nesbitt

If I remember the stage correctly. It was a good stage that shooters seemed to like. From an RO perspective, the problem was no one felt comfortable keeping the gun out during the "reload" time. Most shooters would finish shooting string one and either clear or holster. For safety we had wanted the shooters to keep the gun pointed down range and swap mags with the weak hand.

The targets were 3 shots too, for a variation of the 2 to paper theme, weren't they?

"Tac loads off the clock" are common at many IDPA matches (local and major). The scenario is that you have engaged and neutralized a number of threat targets and there is a lull in the action (you took out the guys outside the store and are preparing to enter) and want to "top off" before the engagement.

HTR,

Yes it was 3 rounds per target. It was originally designed with more targets and 2 rounds per. It was modified to fit the bay. How about the store clearing? It was almost run and gun wasn't it? :lol: I'm glad people enjoyed it.

Any time you design a stage that is different from draw and fire 2 shots at each target is confuses some. But that makes for fun stages. :D

Bill Nesbitt