Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical Connector

JGC

If you don’t have a tight slide to frame fit the trigger will be off as well. I took a look at the carver trigger in at 320$ I mean really. The prices on these drop in kits are crazy stupid. If you only knew how little these parts cost us armorers you would cry. One person said there is only so far away from factory specks you can stray. That is well said but you don’t have to stray to far to perfect some issues that can use it-even less with the gen4. There is a great way to modify the 5.5 unmarked connector that beats the pants off any after market connector. The metallurgy on the Glock OME spring steel is the best period. There are also trick to change up the spacer sleeve to put the striker in a sort of pre cocked position. I mean if you have the money to buy drop-ins in the 150+ range have at it but then how much can you really learn about your gun. There is so much more than the obvious with this design if your already a GSSF member take the 195$ armorers course. That knowledge is golden and the best money ever spent.

From the TTI website.

Glock's advertised 5.5lb trigger pull actually measures out at 7-7.75lbs on average. The Grand Master 3.25lb Connector Kit brings down the trigger pull to 3-4lb with no gunsmithing!

If a OEM Glock trigger was 7.75# and a connector, firing pin spring and trigger spring would reduce it by 4.75# to a 3# trigger pull I would use them.

Most Glock triggers average about 6.5# and changing the connector, firing pin spring and trigger spring should reduce the pull by approximately 2.5# and give you a trigger pull in the 4.0# range.

untrue a Glock 5.5 fixed will not leave the factory unless between 4.3-6.9 lbs so TTI is setting up a straw man

Below is my quote and it is factual when measuring from the middle of the trigger. People selling and working on triggers like to quote the trigger pull weight when measured from the bottom of the trigger.

Most Glock triggers average about 6.5# and changing the connector, firing pin spring and trigger spring should reduce the pull by approximately 2.5# and give you a trigger pull in the 4.0# range.

Edited by JBP55

I was referring to the 7-7.75 statement as un true

I have witnessed the machine when I was in there factory and it pulls right from the middle of the shoe.

so you are right and your quote is true!!!

it's the TTI quote stating glock average is 7-7.75 that is completely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I threw the TTI connector (without any grease) into my 35 (which I don't shoot much and has a completely stock trigger bar - didn't even polish it) and it feels and shoots great...feels real clean...so I don't know...maybe my 34 (that had a Zev trigger bar in it) just didn't like it...maybe it works best with a stock, unpolished trigger bar.

I have two of these. One in a 17 and one in a 34. They are like down sized versions of the original Glock trigger and work very well. There are springs included, too. By down sized I mean you still need to prep the trigger, but only about 2/3 of the OEM prep, And there is a about 3/16" (just by feel) reset that is fast. The 17 is in a RTF gun with an M6x light/laser and has been very reliable. The 34 is in a TTI RTG package with TTI sights and will be for 3 Gun. It is not as light and sensitive as a Vanek Super GM Classic trigger which I would use if was going to shoot production. Or just wanted a very light and fast trigger for Steel or just because. Vaneks are expensive. The TTI Glock kit is for a new shooter or new Glock shooter to improve the standard Glock trigger immensely, inexpensively. It is a very good trigger. Reliable. Could be used for duty work as well. If there is one thing I can say about TTI-reliable.

I'm very impressed as well. Put one in my 35 a couple weeks ago, and wanted to wait until I shot it to post about it. I love the way it feels in dry fire, and it's functioned 100% so far! I highly recommend it!!!