Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need recommendation for an M&P g'smith that does flawless trig

ChrisG164

I did the same thing with my XD pistol a while back when I first bought it.. that is, I first send it out to have a trigger job done. The reason for this is because most of the drop in kits don't lower the trigger pull significantly.

On that subject, can anyone also name a gunsmith who can buiold an extremely light pull pistol, specifically 2.0 lbs no higher. Also, is that possible with these pistols, because the gunsmith from Powder River said the lowest he could get it was around 3.5

Thanks for your responses, ahead of time.

Chris G

Mine turned out great from Neil at Kustom Ballistics. Pretty sure Salient is doing some impressive work too. If trigger gets too light in striker pistols, you start running into primer ignition/detonation failures, so some smiths prefer to keep pull weight a little higher to ensure reliability.

I think you will find that the big three for XD smiths will tell you 2.5 is as low as they feel comfortable going. That is Springer, Powder River and Canyon Creek Custom. I'm am sure there are a few other smiths out there who may try and tell you it can be done but the three I just listed really have the most experience with the gun and I think all of them will tell you the same. Having said that I would trust any of them with my XD all of them do awesome work. Hope that helps.

Edit:

Sorry disregard my post I misread your post.

Edited by Agney5

I think you're mixing what I said up. I sold my XD in favor of purchasing an M&P.

Thanks for put in the info gentlemen.

Chris

I think you will find that the big three for XD smiths will tell you 2.5 is as low as they feel comfortable going. That is Springer, Powder River and Canyon Creek Custom. I'm am sure there are a few other smiths out there who may try and tell you it can be done but the three I just listed really have the most experience with the gun and I think all of them will tell you the same. Having said that I would trust any of them with my XD all of them do awesome work. Hope that helps.

Edit:

Sorry disregard my post I misread your post.

I have three M&P 9mm. Two have Salient triggers in them. Adrian at Salient International has worked on mine and we have a trigger pull of 2.5 lb.. Believe me that is light enough. I had two AD's when I first got it. I was use to so much trigger pre-travel that as I am punching out to a target I put to much on the trigger and BANG. Nothing harmed just hit the berm. Now that I have got use to it they are totally awesome. I would match mine up against any. JFWIW :devil: