Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
hukdizzle

New XDM 5.25 SSP build. Not legal with PRP trigger?

I am currently building an XDM 5.25" for the new SSP rules going into effect on 10/1/2013 and from what I have heard around the forum the PRP triggers may not be legal in that particular class? Here is how I am building it out.

XDM 5.25" 9MM

PRP Ultimate Match Trigger

Springer Steel Guide Rod

Dawson +100 mag base pads

Talon Grip Tape Decals

From what I understand the trigger provided with the PRP kit is a springfield custom shop part # and allows it to be legal but maybe I am wrong in this?

Here are the two excerpts from the new IDPA rules relating directly to triggers in SSP.

Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external modifications allowed).

Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, decocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements.

Anyone have some insight on this? I honestly will shoot it in ESP if the trigger isn't legal because I enjoy using the trigger too much to go back to stock.

Thanks,

-Curtis

I would have to say that the Powder River is legal in SSP as Springfiled list and sells it as an OEM part

I think what excludes it is the match trigger has a over travel stop that is visible on the outside of the gun.

8.2.1.4.1. Externally visible modifications other than those listed in the Permitted Modifications section.

Honestly there is only like 1-2 sec difference in qualification times between esp and ssp why not just go in esp and have some fun with your gun? That's what I figured anyway. With the match trigger and titanium striker safety and spring my trigger is 3.25lbs with zero pre or over travel and hardly any take up and a very nice break. I have a striker on the way as well look forward to seeing what it does to already very nice trigger. And since your in esp go ahead and throw a extended grip safety and a pistol gear mag well on there.....If your gonna be in esp make it count hu?

Its funny when people at matches talk about how nice there trigger is stock n I have em dry fire mine they go wow. lol theres no comparison.

8.2.1.3.3. Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production firearms. Special parts that are available installed only from a factory custom shop are not eligible in SSP. Effective 04/01/2014.