Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone help me, I was curious. I went to two matches late last year and fell in love with competing. I was in production class then but only had two qualifier stages between the two matches so I never actually got defined or classed or whatever its called. I now have gone all out and have a full open race rig and realize I will be starting back at zero qualifier stages in open class. Now my question is I really want to attend and shoot in as many major matches like Areas 4,5,6,8, and the VA/MD section Championships as possible but with the Area 6 coming up in just a little over 2.5 months will not being classified keep me from shooting in these major matches?? I dont want to sign up for all these major matches and drive like 20 hours if I am going to get told I cant compete when I get there.

Most of the matches you can shoot in. Since you are not classed you are essentially shooting for fun but I have seen U or unclassified class recognized but not very often . Sounds like you are a USPSA member which if you weren't could keep you out of a match. If you are not join TONIGHT.

Some clubs will shoot a special classifier only match at the beginning of the season so you can attend one match and be classed in Open. Don't worry there is more to do than get classed. Join USPSA and sign up for the majors. Go shoot the club matches and get classed. Repeat.

PS even with a special classifier only match area 6 may be a little tough to be classed by since most ohio clubs don't shoot til march/April and there is a cutoff date to get scores in.

Edited by BSeevers

Rockriver,

PCSI will have two classifiers a month for March and April as opposed to an all-classifier match. This should get you. If not, there are matches every weekend starting in April to shoot, and, there are some indoors around Dayton (Miamisburg).

Buds is having a classifier match next month indoors.

There having one this Sunday (every 3rd Sunday). Usually 5-6 stages, one stage will be a classifier. They run this match twice, just shoot a different Division. See you all there.

What's the hotel situation like in the area?

Match hotel?

We just had our committee meeting and I'm in charge of the hotels. I will post the updates here when they are finalized. Edited by conrad

I have received several apps at this point but have been hammering out the registration details with my stats guy. I will send out a quick email tomorrow letting folks know who I have received apps from.

We will be using the self squadding this year.

Regards,

Mads

I know it is a bit late, but with the weather and all, we are playing it by ear. Well, this Saturday it is supposed to be a balmy 45 in Circleville which means I will come out of hibernation and shoot!!

I am going to run a small match this Saturday, probably 4-5 stages, almost exclusively classifiers, set up at 9am. Since we will have mostly classifiers, you will receive a classification off the match. Cost is $20 to cover the extra USPSA charges for multiple classifiers being submitted.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Also, I will post an update on sponsors and hopefully match hotels within the next week.

Take care and stay warm,

Mads

Hello all!

We are working on finalizing the stages, getting a match hotel set and getting the full registration and online squadding up and running. We do have Cheely Custom Gunworks building a prize gun again for the match this year.

I am still looking for staff for the match. And, we still have some spots open in the Level I RO seminar we are holding at PCSI in March. Shoot me a message if you are interested in either.

Thanks and have a good one.

Hotel info. Comfort Inn (740)477-6116 use code USPSA and room is $85.45 tax included. Holiday Inn (740)420-7711 STILL hasn't got back to me but their normal room rate is $110. Two other hotels are not really the best quality but they are cheap. Budget Host (740)474-6006. $67.87 tax is included. And the Relax Inn (740)474-8884. $45 without tax. There are more hotels in Grovecity which is about a 30-40 minute drive from the range.