Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

big butt grip wobble

alecmc

I'm noticing a little front to back wobble / play on the top end of my houge big butts on my 625.

is there any home made remedies to tighten her back up? I was thinking of maybe building up the front of the strap with some tape to give it a little more width.

thoughts ? ideas?

thanks

I'm noticing a little front to back wobble / play on the top end of my houge big butts on my 625.

is there any home made remedies to tighten her back up? I was thinking of maybe building up the front of the strap with some tape to give it a little more width.

thoughts ? ideas?

thanks

Ok I'm from the south, shim it with Duck Tape! :goof:

Edited by Dogged

My Big Butt does not wiggle but it does jiggle when I stop real quick. (puking emoticon here) Shimming it as you and Dogged mentioned may help. Is it a side to side movement or back and forth. sometimes getting a shorter mouting screw helps to hold the grip up tight on the frame

This is going to seem silly but since it happened to me I will pass it along. Check to make sure the screw is not too long and bottoming out on the frame before the grip is actually tight. Hogue had sent a screw too long with one of my sets of big butts and it would allow the grips to rock front to back after shooting a few rounds. I finally noticed when changing grips on and off between guns.

• 7 years later...