Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the big difference between the Nova and Super Nova?

JMIS

I think the comfortech stock, and adjustability make the Super worth the extra coin. However, if the Nova fits you pretty good right out of the box you can save a few bucks. The Nova fits me pretty well so I can make either work just fine. I'll tell you what, the Super might be the softest shooting pump gun on the planet. A friend of mine recently shot a defensive shotgun course with an 870. A 300 shell day. By early afternoon she was just about in tears when I showed up at tbe range. I had my Super in the car and let her give it a try. She put the 870 away and ran my Super the rest of the day. Her husband ran out and got a Nova after that and they have been very happy with it.

I never handled a Nova, just tried out the SuperNova off the rack at a regional shop. It was a floor demo model and discounted. 24" barrel. I really like it. Good point about the recoil, I do think it is softer shooting than the 870 guns for rent at Edwards AFB back in my day shooting trap on base. I keep thinking about shooting Heavy Metal with it just so I can go use it. That's how much I like mine.

I guess I should have said, "functional differences" however that cosmetic difference in trigger housings also makes the Super less shooter freindly for our sport. The LOP on a Nova can easily be adjusted with the addition of the comfortech recoil pad from the newer m2 guns, you can gain a half inch or lose a half inch easily, if you need more than that shortening the stock is not difficult.

Trapr