Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

well my ammo has never NOT fed in either of my Glocks.... over 10k rounds of this specific load....I had 14 FTfeeds in 50 rounds in my Tang..... so please define "correctly"....maybe the Tang likes different COAL's ??? Im running 3.2 of TG @ 1.135, FC brass & CCI primers

some load data for 147g with Titegroup would be super cool... I have 6.5 & 8# recoil springs as of now....

Are u using newer mags with black followers?

yes the black mags & black followers, gun prob has 300-400 rounds through it . I have a 38S barrel & a 9mm set up. Currently have a 6.0 & 8.5 spring. Maybe my G34 load is too short for the Tang ??

Try a 10# recoil spring, I've tried the 8# and it was a little light for my tastes; 1.135" should work fine for round nosed bullets, what are you using?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes the black mags & black followers, gun prob has 300-400 rounds through it . I have a 38S barrel & a 9mm set up. Currently have a 6.0 & 8.5 spring. Maybe my G34 load is too short for the Tang ??

No my loads are all around 1.135. It not that picky on length. I run an 8lb spring with 124gr Xtreme RN bullets which run fine. Also I've ran 115 and 147 at that length with no issues. I also ran 100gr flat points, but I had to shorten the OAL to 1.045-1.060" so there was enough bullet in the case.

You say you have a 38 Super barrel and a 9mm setup. Can you explain this a little more?

Edited by Nealio

I'm guessing he has the same as me? large frame 38super model, but with a 9mm barrel as I can't imagine it'll work the other way around? from memory if you have a small frame 9mm you can't fit 38 super in 9mm mags and ejection port would be a bit on the small side I'd think. would likely give FTF and FTE problems.

the other way (9mm barrel in a 38 super top end) seems to work fine for me though I confess I haven't shot it all that much.

I'm guessing he has the same as me? large frame 38super model, but with a 9mm barrel as I can't imagine it'll work the other way around? from memory if you have a small frame 9mm you can't fit 38 super in 9mm mags and ejection port would be a bit on the small side I'd think. would likely give FTF and FTE problems.

the other way (9mm barrel in a 38 super top end) seems to work fine for me though I confess I haven't shot it all that much.

^^^^ this set up exactly..... yeh Im new to Tangs , but I REALLY like the feel of this gun ..... I WANT to make it my dedicated 3gun pistol, but need better reliability first. Base pads, new sights (F.O.) & a mag well would be nice .... but reliability is more important to me ...

Hey there, so thanks to some members here I've added a few new parts to my build. I'm posting this because as always the parts im adding and installing have almost all needed fitting, and my new Limited safety was no different. So im just sharing what was happening and how I fixed it.

Ok so I went to install the safety and once it was installed i wasn't able to cock the hammer at all. Right away I figured it was becasue I am running an EGW sear, it also turned out the limited safety has a thicker area / lug where it contacts the sear. Not that it mattered I enjoy doing this type of stuff, and after a bit of work (half hour with the dremel and some patience) it fits and works perfectly. Basically I took a bit off the top and the back of the safetys lug slowly until both the hammer worked perfectly and the safety engaged smoothly in both the cocked and uncocked position.

Thanks again for the multiple parts hook up's and here's a new pic. Just waiting on the two slides and mags now and its all complete and able ro shoot :).

20140211_222530-1.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Thatd a factory coating, something they used to do in the past i guess. As for the grips there just the factory wood ones cut, painted and covered in grip tape.

It was kinda a toss up as to which part was more expensive. Basically the sear is already prepped and was working good and the safety has the the obviously bigger lug which gave me some room to work with.

Cheers,

Evan

This is a large frame but with a short dust cover. Small and large frames have nothing to do with that from what i understand, on a large frame almost everything is bigger in dementions compared to a small frame.

Cheers,

Evan

is this considered small or large frame? when they talk large frame is the the length of dustcover say a limited compaired to a match?

Edited by Workingspy

Small and large have to do with the size of the magazine channel and the spacing between the barrel lugs and the breech face. "small" takes smaller dimension CZ 75 (9mm/40) sized mags, "large" takes larger mags that come in 9mm,10mm, .38 super, .45 ACP, .40, etc

See:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178651

Edited by Nealio

I did a test just for fun while I'm waiting on my slide to cone in.

So I took a smal frame slide and put it on my large frame. The slide went on and fit quite well between the frame rails, and I was even able to install the slide stop. However where you can see a big difference is the trigger bar is longer and wider as is the frame in that area obviously. With the small frame slide on the large frame i was not able to release the SAO trigger at all. This is because the slide has cutouts for the peeks of the trigger bar to sit in when the slide is on, and since the small frame slide is shorter and sits quite a bit forward from the back of the frame, it doesnt allow the peeks to sit in the cutouts and the large frame trigger bar never makes contact with the sear.

The parts I've found to be different as covered to many times before im sure, are as listed.

Frame

Slide

Barrel

Mags

Mag bases

Magwell

FIring pin

Trigger bar

grips

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

is this considered small or large frame? when they talk large frame is the the length of dustcover say a limited compaired to a match?

the small frame/large frame has nothing to do with dustcover length (or slide length). it's slightly bigger in the grip area and more room inside for longer calibres (like 38super). hence why you can't run 38 super in a 9mm gun (small frame).

both large and small frame come with short dustcovers or long dustcovers.

edit: way late to this party! sorry, covered before like 3 times above me. carry on. :blush:

Edited by BeerBaron

Yes!

We expect a full range report compete with charts, graphs, and twenty-seven 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one!

Curious to see how that Awesome Comp works for you.

Yes!

We expect a full range report compete with charts, graphs, and twenty-seven 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one!

Curious to see how that Awesome Comp works for you.

27 8X10s. If he's doing that much work might as well be 30 8.5X11 ;) Edited by george76904

Ahhh, yeah... that was a bad reference to Arlo Guthrie's song about the Alice's Restaurant Massacree based on a real life events which took place in 1965.

If you have about 18 and 1/2 minutes to waste you can youtube it. Good listening and there is a moral to the story. ;)

Did you get the magwell OK?

workingpsy, can I ask where you bought the safety and how much? thinking about one for my stock II/limited bastard child (aussie stock II).

I bought it off here :), I was looking for a long time for one. I tjink you can buy them new threw a few location down south here.

Cheers,

Evan

Ahhh, yeah... that was a bad reference to Arlo Guthrie's song about the Alice's Restaurant Massacree based on a real life events which took place in 1965.

If you have about 18 and 1/2 minutes to waste you can youtube it. Good listening and there is a moral to the story. ;)

Did you get the magwell OK?

Yes I did.

Thank you!