Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Battle in the Bluegrass V!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every shooter that was there sat walked away with a pile of stuff no less than 50$. Including the B C D shooters. So if you just go for the prizes you might wanna stay for the prize table. Just a thought....

Every shooter that was there sat walked away with a pile of stuff no less than 50$. Including the B C D shooters. So if you just go for the prizes you might wanna stay for the prize table. Just a thought....

yeah, with the help of great sponsors like shooters connection the prize table at Corey's match is second to none so it's really no big deal to award prizes by placement. I was pretty deep on the list this year and still won $70 in prizes.

But for the average match where the support just doesn't add up to what the BITB did then random draw is the way to go. I also like to reward staff more as well.

But as mentioned in a comedic way, if you are shooting matches for the prizes you are doing it wrong.

And please dont take that as me being ungrateful. Our sponsors are incredible in this sport. In all the other sports I've played, I have never seen such support. It is incredible and does not go unnoticed. As such (as we all do) I do my best to give those companies my business.

My point was solely that; ultimately I am going to shoot and prize table or not, I would still go. The prize tables are awesome and appreciated but again its not a Tupperware party - its not about What I bring home. Its about shooting/competing, fraternizing/representing sponsors but most importantly having fun. If you're not having fun it's time to do something else

I thought about staying an extra day for the prize table, but it would have been a wash in cost vs. loot gained. I enjoyed the experience, and will plan ahead next year to shoot on Sat.

I want to thank Corey and all of the match staff for the fantastic job they did on this match. I hadn't shot a match in over 1 1/2 years and this match brought back my passion for the sport. I had a lot of fun and it didn't hurt to walk away with a $100 worth of prizes.

Good job and I will be back next year!