Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

muzzle break?

trlloyd

Another for the SJC Titan, I really like how it tamed my maten 308 build. I had a Spikes Dynacomp mounted before and I noticed a huge improvement when I made the switch. I like Jp's line of muzzle devices also, they all are effective.

Edited by george995

I recently underwent the same dilemma of choosing a comp. I read Mr. Kelley's articles and his final analysis on recoil reduction and muzzle movement. I went with the Miculek due to its good ranking in his breakdown and its value price. Took it out and...damn! The gun just doesn't move! Performed comparison with quick double-taps between my Miculek/ALG trigger set-up and a friend's Battlecomp/SSA-E trigger set-up and I still thought the Miculek had less rise and recoil - even with the cheap trigger. Now...to add an SSA-E!

Proved the point that a compensator (brake) does not have to be pricey to work efficiently. After the basics of blast diverting baffles, some vertical jet nozzles (to help counter the muzzle rises), and perhaps a gas expansion chamber (as used in Surefire MB556k, Benny's RT), the rest of the cost goes to materials/metal treatment. More complicated design = higher cost.