Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I always go too fast on classifiers.............

charliedelta

Isn't the class dependent on speed AND accuracy? Why are you saying to yourself slow down and make the hits? What about stay fast and make the hits? I'm not suggesting that is easy. I'm just saying why say to yourself to slow down than say to yourself, "Find the front sight!"

You could make fast charlie/deltas or slow alphas and make the same class, right? Why go for the accurate/slow? Go for the accurate/fast!

Find the sight ..... find the sight .......

BEEP! Draw - don't shoot self in foot - get grip - extend - front sight - press trigger - flinch - reset trigger - yank trigger ......... Nope, only got one front sight in there. Seems I need another one someplace between flinch and yank.

I tend to focus a lot on "don't shoot self in foot" as I lost my grip on most everything a LONG time ago!. :goof:

...........I don't know why I do it. It is better to be a high C rather than a low B. I go too fast & miss.

I think some people agree with you - better to be a high C than a low B - so they

shoot too fast and MISS - that ensures they remain a high C. Wonder if they

also shoot too fast and miss on the other stages??? :cheers:

Why do you think that happens?

I can see you are leading me to a zen/self-realization epiphany.......we'll see how many posts it takes to get us there.

My answer to the question is my adrenaline and desire to do well surpasses my abilities.

You said that you know what you are supposed to do. What is it that you are supposed to do?

Does it matter to you if you are a C shooter or a B shooter? There really is no 'high' or 'low' in the classification system. Shooters just use those adjectives to rationalize their current position. Once you decide to wait until you see the front sight before pulling the trigger you will going at the speed you are capable of. If that is not fast enough for you then you'll need to learn to push yourself in training to shoot faster with the same accuracy. Slowing down is the wrong way to think about it ...

I hate classifers.

Afterwards, I seem to always think I did better than I really did.

I recently shot a classifier and thought "Wow, .... I smoked that stage. This should be a good score."

Then a quick check revealed the reality. 62%

:angry2:

Edited by 38superman

I disagree. I don't think it's possible to go too fast, perhaps "when shooting classifiers I focus on speed and everything else goes to shit" would be a more appropriate title to this thread?

Edited by kneelingatlas

I disagree. I don't think it's possible to go too fast, perhaps "when shooting classifiers I focus on speed and everything else goes to shit" would be a more appropriate title to this thread?

How about "i always fail to get an acceptable sight picture on classifiers" ?

• 3 years later...
On 7/19/2017 at 11:28 AM, jnkill said:

Is it just bragging rights?, just shoot to the best of your ability. 

This...^^^^^^

I'm currently classified a high C....Ill worry that I'm classified too low when I start placing B in my Division multiple times in final results Percentage when M or GM's are shooting.

Major matches I shoot < mid C.

I'm ok with not bumping up until my ability follows.

Ill hit a low B occasionally in a classifier but I try my best without letting it fly.

• 1 month later...

If your overall percentage on the stage is a C then you are shooting what you are capable of.  If you shoot a B stage but a C classifier then you have some issues to resolve.  The classifier is just another stage.  Proper sight picture.  Squeeze trigger.  Repeat until done.  If this matches your other stages you are doing it right.