Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeding problems with new TTI pads

Stician

I have G22 mags with TTI large pads and their springs installed. Left 20rds in them for a few weeks and didn't cycle them, just sat. Now when I cycle them by hand rounds don't chamber. My stock mags feed though. TTI springs are noticeably softer than Glock when I push on the follower. Should I get new TTI springs or run another brand. If so which one feeds?

I think you probably compressed the springs. When new, I will load them to capacity -1 and leave them overnight. After that they are always unloaded.

I think springs whether compressed or extended while static is fine. It's supposedly the cycling of the spring that wears it out.

The pin pushes its self down to work as it should. I have Zev parts and Zev sells TTI pads. I use the TTI base pads without issue with my Glocks with Zev mag wells. Just shoot it and see what happens the force of recoil will be more than hand cycling. Also could be a barrel or ammo issue as well. I doubt it's the springs

From Taran himself "we have version 2 ISMI spring if you would like us to send it for 40sw, also the newer glock mags are the best"

Thanks, I better run them first, got to break in the gun, sight them in and chrono.

Just feeds half way in and jams. Should have listened to Zev and bought the Arredondo pads. The TTI retention pin also hits the inside of the Zev brass well.

I have an arredondo base pad and its cheap feeling. I use the TTI base pads. I also have a zev magwell and cut the retention pins shorter and at an angle. I can post pics if you want to see what I did with the pins.