Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which match is considered "The" premier 3-Gun match?

The Rocky Mountain 3 Gun took over for the SOF match. It is therefore the 'gran' daddy'. It is open terrain. Many have followed suit, but it was the first. JJ and Denise opened up the range for targets; no longer up close and personal. If I could only attend one match, it would be the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun match. The Whittington Center is absolutely gorgeous and a great shooting environment. Where else can one go to shoot and have a mountain lion chase a mule deer through the stage? Bear are seen frequently and I watched two antelope bucks butt heads for about twenty minutes on the side of the main road.

no where else!

Edited by 1chota

The Rocky Mountain 3 Gun! Hands down.

This year: Barrett MRAD .338 Lapua Rifle @ 1500+ yards and AK-74 (5.45 x 39) in full auto

(Thanks to Barrett and Machine Gun Tours)

JP Enterprises is the MAIN sponsor. (Thanks John Paul - unbelievable support!)

Held at the NRA Whittington Center. Next year = WOW!

In its day, only the Fort Benning 3 Gun came close. (I drove from Idaho to Georgia to go to that one every year.)

Ranger6

It will change from year to year for me. Last year it was Fallen Brethren, this year Rocky Mountain. I would definitely add pro-am to the list, but I RO and its not as fun a match for me to shoot. The evening socializing are top notch though!!!

Where else can one go to shoot and have a mountain lion chase a mule deer through the stage? Bear are seen frequently and I watched two antelope bucks butt heads for about twenty minutes on the side of the main road.

my score would go to hell, but the grilling would be awesome.

Pro-Am was awesome this year, my first year out, and is now my primary match to sign up for next year. The RO on stage 8 sexually harassed me tho, so I'm considering a restraining order against that Francis guy. :cheers:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Pro-Am was awesome this year, my first year out, and is now my primary match to sign up for next year. The RO on stage 8 sexually harassed me tho, so I'm considering a restraining order against that Francis guy. :cheers:

You deserved it!!!!! Quit wearing those tight shirts!

You deserved it!!!!! Quit wearing those tight shirts!

I didn't even get a phone call the next morning and had to force a hug! hahaha