Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Glasses Faq

kimel

7 hours ago, Naka16 said:

Anyone else have the lens “peeling” issues with Oakley? I had a pair of Bolle glasses that didn’t last more than a weekend before it started to peel on the inside. And it wasn’t caused by a scratch. Every Oakley pair I owned had this issue: tombstones, radar, flak jacket, polarized, prism, photochromic, non polarized, etc. I’ve owned a pair of arnette polarized glasses that were used daily and it didn’t have this issue. 

Switched to ranger phantoms which have been great(clay target shooting). 

I’ve had Various sets of Oakley’s the past 20 years and I’ve never had that issue. You must have some potent sweat! 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Malarky112 said:

I’ve had Various sets of Oakley’s the past 20 years and I’ve never had that issue. You must have some potent sweat! 

Must be that toxic sweat... lol. Not sure why the Arnettes lasted over 10 years used almost daily without being cared for. Talking with a Randolph rep, he said something to do with lens coating that some manufacturers use

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone recommend single power RX lens/frame combo for -7.0 with Astigmatism?  I have shot with contacts all my life and now am considering RX shooting glasses but am struggling to find makers that can go up to my needed power/axis.

I'm leaning towards a single power lens instead of an insert (never tried an insert so maybe i'm off base) due to my RX and lack of peripheral vision.

Any suggestions and experiences welcome.

Thanks,

-BF

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...