Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Glasses Faq

kimel

3 hours ago, Butterpuc said:

Are there any current Rudy Project Discount Codes?  I need to purchase some new lenses.

Are you looking for different shades or something? I only ask because you can get replacement lenses for only $25 with warranty. Just for your info.😊

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Are you looking for different shades or something? I only ask because you can get replacement lenses for only $25 with warranty. Just for your info.😊

replacement lenses would be great.  The frames are still in good shape other than some of the finish wearing off.

I have had them for like 5 years or something.  I think they were:

Rydon ImpactX Laser Racing Red

Rydon ImpactX photochromic clear to black

14 minutes ago, Butterpuc said:

replacement lenses would be great.  The frames are still in good shape other than some of the finish wearing off.

I have had them for like 5 years or something.  I think they were:

Rydon ImpactX Laser Racing Red

Rydon ImpactX photochromic clear to black

Just contact them for the replacements. You ship them yours and they send new ones back $24.99. You can do it once a year I believe

Edited by Sarge

To Send Damaged Lenses Back for Replacement

To have your lenses replaced under our replacement lens guarantee, please send your damaged lenses and a check for $24.95 ($29.95 for Canadian customers) made out to Rudy Project North America to:

Rudy Project North America 
ATTN: RLG Department
1015 Calle Amanecer
San Clemente, CA. 92673
(888) 860-7597

If you are sending more than one set of lenses, please enclose an additional $15.00 ($17.50 for Canadian customers) for each additional set you are having replaced under our RLG policy. We need your complete return mailing address or we'll just send your replacement lenses to the address on your check. (if this address is wrong, you are responsible for additional fees to send a replacement order)
NOTE - You MUST send in your old lenses to process your replacement lens claim (no exceptions).
ALSO - Please help us out with the sunglass/goggle model name and number so we may expedite your replacements as quickly as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever see the amount of testing that went into developing the Oakley Tombstones????  My God they are amazing!!!  They were designed by the military and a shooting team.  They way they are shaped, they way they fit and the prizm lenses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, Sarge said:

To Send Damaged Lenses Back for Replacement

To have your lenses replaced under our replacement lens guarantee, please send your damaged lenses and a check for $24.95 ($29.95 for Canadian customers) made out to Rudy Project North America to:

Rudy Project North America 
ATTN: RLG Department
1015 Calle Amanecer
San Clemente, CA. 92673
(888) 860-7597

If you are sending more than one set of lenses, please enclose an additional $15.00 ($17.50 for Canadian customers) for each additional set you are having replaced under our RLG policy. We need your complete return mailing address or we'll just send your replacement lenses to the address on your check. (if this address is wrong, you are responsible for additional fees to send a replacement order)
NOTE - You MUST send in your old lenses to process your replacement lens claim (no exceptions).
ALSO - Please help us out with the sunglass/goggle model name and number so we may expedite your replacements as quickly as possible.

Do the lenses have to be purchased within the normal warranty period?  Do you need a purchase receipt?  I can't find it but do they make a rebuild kit for Rydons anymore?  I wear mine at work everyday and they need fixing up.

Thanks

7 hours ago, 35WLN said:

Do the lenses have to be purchased within the normal warranty period?  Do you need a purchase receipt?  I can't find it but do they make a rebuild kit for Rydons anymore?  I wear mine at work everyday and they need fixing up.

Thanks

My glasses are almost 10 years old and I just send lenses in and get new ones when needed. No receipt needed.

10 hours ago, Trevor300wsm said:

Ive been pretty happy with my Flak 2.0's. I have the Prizm Daily lenses. I'm a bit biased to Oakley though as I have 8 pairs of them.

I am also partial to Oakley’s.  I have a pair of FLAK and FLAK 2.0, with multiple lens selections including PRIZM. So far the PRIZM lenses are my favorite.  

I feel the adjustability of the Rudy Rydons helps when shooting as I can adjust them to sit higher on my nose to allow better breathing than my Oakley’s. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 8:12 PM, Butterpuc said:

I am also partial to Oakley’s.  I have a pair of FLAK and FLAK 2.0, with multiple lens selections including PRIZM. So far the PRIZM lenses are my favorite.  

I feel the adjustability of the Rudy Rydons helps when shooting as I can adjust them to sit higher on my nose to allow better breathing than my Oakley’s. 

Are they impact resistant? I didnt see any verbage on their site that they were, but maybe I overlooked it.

The PRIZM lenses for my FLAK 2.0 are not “ballistic” rated, they may not even be ANSI 87.1

I don’t wear mine for shooting sports, I only wear my Rydons for shooting. 

I think there are only like 4-5 models of Oakley’s that are ballistic rated.  

Ah, ive been on the hunt for a good pair of shooting glasses, but I dont really need anything super serious. I think Smith made some good clear glasses for about $80, but im still looking around. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2019 at 9:50 PM, Butterpuc said:

The PRIZM lenses for my FLAK 2.0 are not “ballistic” rated, they may not even be ANSI 87.1

I don’t wear mine for shooting sports, I only wear my Rydons for shooting. 

I think there are only like 4-5 models of Oakley’s that are ballistic rated.  

You are correct about the ballistic rating.  I was always under the impression that all Oakley lenses were impact resistant, but I guess I was wrong. 

Directly from their website "Eyewear that fully conforms to the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z87.1 requirement where both the lens and frame are marked with "Z87" is approved by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for use in environments where eye protection is required. Only Oakley eyewear identified as an industrial model and marked with "Z87" is intended for use in industrial applications."

That being said I did look and the prizm lenses I currently use are impact rated. I really love them and need another set of lenses. I have not tried some of the other high end options mentioned here though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, jeremy kemlo said:

Do you shoot with a hat on? I had two photochromatic lenses and they would not get very dark when wearing a hat.

I do normally wear a hat while shooting.  I had a pair of the original ImpactX Racing Red lens, I couldn't tell much of a difference in the darkness of the lens.  The originals, going from memory which is scary, only had about a 30% light transmission difference anyway.  So they were already fairly dark and I don't see them offered anymore at Rudy.  The new ImpactX2 Racing Red range from 16-75%, I would expect you would notice a significant difference wearing a hat.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 8:50 AM, Butterpuc said:

I do normally wear a hat while shooting.  I had a pair of the original ImpactX Racing Red lens, I couldn't tell much of a difference in the darkness of the lens.  The originals, going from memory which is scary, only had about a 30% light transmission difference anyway.  So they were already fairly dark and I don't see them offered anymore at Rudy.  The new ImpactX2 Racing Red range from 16-75%, I would expect you would notice a significant difference wearing a hat.

Well there’s something I never thought of. Anyone else have expierence while wearing a hat? I always wear a hat and was about to buy a pair of photocromatic glasses from ruby. 

Anyone else have the lens “peeling” issues with Oakley? I had a pair of Bolle glasses that didn’t last more than a weekend before it started to peel on the inside. And it wasn’t caused by a scratch. Every Oakley pair I owned had this issue: tombstones, radar, flak jacket, polarized, prism, photochromic, non polarized, etc. I’ve owned a pair of arnette polarized glasses that were used daily and it didn’t have this issue. 

Switched to ranger phantoms which have been great(clay target shooting).