Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Glasses Faq

kimel

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone still make reasonably-priced shooting glasses with glass lenses?  I may be old school, but I've got some Bushnell's, that I love, but I can't find anything comparable anymore...and I'm getting tired of moving the same pair from range bag to bullseye box to trap vest.   It's just a matter of time until I forget to do so...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Check out the Wiley X Valor with clear, Amber, and black lenes for the money and with the interchangeable lenses I can't see anything being better. I ride and shoot in them daily!

• 2 months later...

For two years I've been using a kit from ESS ($100). It includes two frames one normal thickness, one thin to be worn with your protection, and the different lenses.  

• 1 month later...

Oakley Tombstone sytem is great if you don’t need Rx. I’ve used them for the past two years and love the quick change lens and Prism system. 

Last week, I finally moved to the Sliver XL frames in Rx. I did the two-pair option, Prism for full sun and then clear for low-light.  I’m hoping these will make a big difference compared to wearing contacts all day. 

For what it's worth--  I Just had a eye Dr. app't with my Optomologist,   He is a shotgun guy, trap, sporting clays and some handgun.  He just said there are a lot of good glasses out there,  his suggestion about lens ----------  For the best perception was to --  " Use the brightest tint without having to squint and actual color is personal preference."  

• 2 weeks later...

Brian at Hunter's HD Gold made me a pair with the top interior diopters. They are nothing short of amazing. I have a red green color deficiency, and his trivex photochromatic lenses are the cure I have been looking to find for 15 years. Are they cheap? Nope. But they are ANSI rated so my one set of eyes are well protected. I still ponder at the fact people will spend $1-5K on a gun and complain about the price of shooting glasses and hearing protection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of Ruby Noyz's with my distance prescription in all but the a very small (close up) portion of the lenses which is between my reading and computer distance. My doc come out to the range and watched me shoot and set the focal point up just right. Even the close up portion is set up so I can look (really look down) through the (lower right) of my lenses and my holster is in focus. Picking up targets and my red dot is easy and crystal clear. The frame I had and my eye doc had the lenses made to suit/fit. Also opted for transitions with better scratch proof finish. Very happy with then and now that I can see what I'm shooting at its much more enjoyable to go to the range! 

Oakley Tombstone Reap's with the Prizm lense are the best all around on the market. While having a great lens with no frame around the lens, the glasses provides the widest field of view and a high amount of contrast. These are the best for any action shooting sports hands down.  

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, limitedgun said:

Brian at Hunter's HD Gold made me a pair with the top interior diopters. They are nothing short of amazing. I have a red green color deficiency, and his trivex photochromatic lenses are the cure I have been looking to find for 15 years. Are they cheap? Nope. But they are ANSI rated so my one set of eyes are well protected. I still ponder at the fact people will spend $1-5K on a gun and complain about the price of shooting glasses and hearing protection.

THIS.

I actually did a detailed review of my Hunter's HD Gold glasses.  They're fantastic.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...