Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1301 comp 21" should be here ( Canada) by mid October, just finalized my importation . Can you Gents be kind enough to claify some details about the comp model.

Acoording to Beretta it holds 5+1 of 3" capacity, but read some in the "internet" that their 1301 comp only holds 4+1 of 3".

Granting it holds 5+1 of 3", how many 2 3/4 I can put on the tube.

My plan was to add an extension tube( Nordic) either Plus 1 or Plus 2, that can only hold 5.9 of 3" to make it legal since we are limited to 5 rnds(base on the chamber) for semi.

Will the Plus 2 extension pass beyond the bbl lenght of 21"

Do I need a clamp for the plus 2 ext.

Thanks

I have a Nordic +3 on my 21", and I run the carlson extended choke tubes. I don't have a picture, but it is flush.

I have 8+1 in mine, and am running the stock magazine spring. Has performed flawlessly. I have somewhere between 1500 and 2000 rounds through it. It is more reliable than my friend's 870 pump. I haven't had a malfunction in at least the last 600 rounds. Running the lightest federal loads I can find.

Enjoy!

My 1301 comp 21" should be here ( Canada) by mid October, just finalized my importation . Can you Gents be kind enough to claify some details about the comp model.

Acoording to Beretta it holds 5+1 of 3" capacity, but read some in the "internet" that their 1301 comp only holds 4+1 of 3".

Granting it holds 5+1 of 3", how many 2 3/4 I can put on the tube.

My plan was to add an extension tube( Nordic) either Plus 1 or Plus 2, that can only hold 5.9 of 3" to make it legal since we are limited to 5 rnds(base on the chamber) for semi.

Will the Plus 2 extension pass beyond the bbl lenght of 21"

Do I need a clamp for the plus 2 ext.

Thanks

Sorry I do not know. I only shoot 2 3/4" shells, so it was probably 5 original.

I do not use a clamp. I either read on here or asked nordic (cant remember which) and the clamp is not needed with a +3 or smaller.

Factiofx
How many 3" and 2 3/4" were you able to load in the tube originally without the Nordic Ext. did you use a clamp. Thanks

I use a Briley +5 without a clamp. The extension extends probably 2-3" past the end of my Carlson extended chokes.

If I remember, I can try to load some 3" shells in my factory magazine to see what I get. I think I have some 3" pheasant loads laying around somewhere.

Have any of you guys had problems with your guns not shooting POA vs POI?

My 24" bbl gun shoots low 4" and to the right 4" at about 25yds...just wondering if anyone else had problems with theirs not shooting straight...

Powderman81

Are you having this problem with birdshot? Slugs? Both? Are you running an extension with a barrel clamp? A lot of us had issues with elevation being off with slugs and switching to the 65 shim included in the box completely corrected that issue for most of us with slugs. If the problem exists with birdshot and you're running a barrel clamp, I'd remove the clamp and try it again. The 65 shim really made a big difference on both my 24" and 21" 1301's.

Have any of you guys had problems with your guns not shooting POA vs POI?

My 24" bbl gun shoots low 4" and to the right 4" at about 25yds...just wondering if anyone else had problems with theirs not shooting straight...

Powderman81

Are you having this problem with birdshot? Slugs? Both? Are you running an extension with a barrel clamp? A lot of us had issues with elevation being off with slugs and switching to the 65 shim included in the box completely corrected that issue for most of us with slugs. If the problem exists with birdshot and you're running a barrel clamp, I'd remove the clamp and try it again. The 65 shim really made a big difference on both my 24" and 21" 1301's.

I'm seeing it with both birdshot and slugs...shot without extension tube and with a +8 Nordic tube, no clamp.

I also tried the factory shim and the 65 shim as well in both of the afore mentioned set ups.

No real difference in any of the different set ups.

Gun is with Beretta right now...waiting to hear back.

Powderman81

Is the factory IC choke good enough or I need multiple after market with different costriction, for slugs, buck shot and shots ,kindly share your opinions

You either need different chokes for different shot distances, and heavy props, or different shotgun shells. I chose the chokes, cause it's cheaper in the long run.

Is the factory IC choke good enough or I need multiple after market with different costriction, for slugs, buck shot and shots ,kindly share your opinions

You either need different chokes for different shot distances, and heavy props, or different shotgun shells. I chose the chokes, cause it's cheaper in the long run.

Carlson or Briley? , ( IC, LM, M or IM)?

I'm shooting a 3gun match this weekend and forgot my zero from the last time I shot -- I was using Fiocchi 1oz low recoil slugs at 1150 FPS with IC choke --last time I was using 6 o'clock hold on a paper plate and the slug would drop 8" at 50yards -if I remember ??[emoji15]now at the match they want us to hit a clay pigeon about 30yards [emoji38]where do I put my bead ? I don't have time to practice with slugs -- [emoji33]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A clay- that's pretty small! If your lining up the mid-bead on the front sight, superimposing in other words, I would aim right at the top of the clay-just a little orange showing. I consider 30 yards with a slug pretty much dead on. 8" at 30 yds is a little low? Good luck.

c4a2954c071b5af4efa5be99d4bd4eb4.jpg shot 10 slugs via the 1301 -- using fiocchi low recoil slugs @ 50 yards table supported at simulated clay target --the first 2 shots upper right for a pattern -- then adjusted for the clay hits -- I dig this 1301

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk